PDA

View Full Version : Rising cutting bit problem, and sometimes E06-0303.

Eric67
05-06-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm having a problem with this carve. I don't use my machine very often. I updated my firmware, and I'm not sure if this caused this problem or not. About an inch into the carve the cutting bit starts to rise off the board until it's just cutting in the air, then may throw a E06-0303 z axis stall. It's an older machine AB, I've upgraded the belts, replaced the flexshaft, and cleaned the bearings a year ago. I finished that carve, and haven't used it since. I use to have power failure issues, and was close to getting a power supply but was able to finish the jobs I was doing at the time. Any recommendations or needed upgrades to get this project done? Thanks.

bergerud
05-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. Is the z belt ok? Not loose or missing teeth. It could be the z data from the z encoder is drifting. It may not be keeping track of the z position. This could be a problem with the FFC ribbon wire or the encoder disk itself. Check the ribbon wire and its connections. Then, you may have to check the encoder disk on the rear of the z motor. They sometimes break free and spin.

Digitalwoodshop
05-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. Is the z belt ok? Not loose or missing teeth. It could be the z data from the z encoder is drifting. It may not be keeping track of the z position. This could be a problem with the FFC ribbon wire or the encoder disk itself. Check the ribbon wire and its connections. Then, you may have to check the encoder disk on the rear of the z motor. They sometimes break free and spin.

That about covers it... :) My Money is on a Bad FFC Cable.... But it could be any of the above....

AL