PDA

View Full Version : Amature Radio

CarverJerry
05-02-2017, 11:31 AM
I'm looking for any files that are related to amature radio. Would like to make a plaque for my brother (K8DGV) to put in his radio room. Maybe like a tower, or the QSL logo. Even a front of a ham radio and mic. Thanks if you can share it.

oscarl48
05-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Jerry that was a tough one. I have no experience with HAM radios. I found this symbol and made a quick tower pattern but not sure that is what you were looking for.

- O

SharonB
05-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Jerry....What about making a wooden copy of his Ham license. My Dad was a ham operator and I know he would have loved something like that. Another idea would be an outline of the world with his call letters in the middle. Or: a two layer sign.... his name on the bottom with his call letters over the top.. like the signs people have been doing with the last name on the bottom and first names on the top layer (and the date he first got his license).

CarverJerry
05-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Thats a good idea Sharon. His license plate on his truck has his call letters on it, this is for his office / radio room. Oscarl, that is exactly what I was looking for. I'll post a picture when I get it finished. Thanks you two for the ideas.

CarverJerry
05-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Well got this sign made for my brother, have a couple more coats of cleat to put on but for the most part this is what he's gonna get. Many thanks to Oscarl48 for the help. I'm sure he's going to be surprised with this.

want2b
05-09-2017, 06:37 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head. Great way to incorporate his call sign with electronic images that fit the bill. He should be very happy with it and the effort you put into making it.
Thx for sharing,
Rick H

SharonB
05-10-2017, 12:55 AM
Jerry, that came out exceptional well. You have a winner there.

oscarl48
05-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Jerry, Very nice. Hope your brother loves it.

- O