PDA

View Full Version : CarveWright Pre-Cut Cover - Questions

Lin
04-16-2017, 10:54 AM
I finally got my machine upgraded and ordered the Carvewright Dust Collection Hood and the Pre cut cover. I have had my machine back for a couple weeks and finally got the backordered pre cut cover a couple days ago. How do I get the old cover off my Craftmans Compucarve and get the pre cut cover on? I can see that there are metal pins that hold it in place but can't figure out how it comes out? I tried just pushing down on the cover cause I can see there are lots below the pins but it doesn't budge. Please help.
Wanting to get the latest Designer software installed and get the machine up and running again.
Thanks,
Lin

bergerud
04-16-2017, 12:02 PM
There are screws underneath that you have to undo.

Lin
04-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Thank-you.....got the old off but the new cover didn't fit....couldn't put the little plastic pieces back on the pins....the pins were not in the same place and the switch wouldn't make with the new cover. Wasted my $10.00 cause I was afraid to cut the old cover. Because I couldn't get the new cover to work I took the old and put blue painters tape and duck tape and drew the line and cut it on my scroll saw with a double toothed #5 blade. Very clean cut and the plastic didn't even try to melt back to itself because of the tape. Got it all back together now. Downloading new software and will hopefully carve next weekend when I am off work again. Thanks again for your help. Couldn't see those little screws until I got a mirror out. Figure maybe the reason the new cover didn't work out well for me could be because I have one of the original Craftsman CompuCarves.

bergerud
04-16-2017, 01:55 PM
That seems strange to me. I thought all the models had the same cover parts.

fwharris
04-16-2017, 03:30 PM
That seems strange to me. I thought all the models had the same cover parts.

They are the same as when they started in 2006. Only the name tag has changed.

Digitalwoodshop
04-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Since you removed your top black cover.... You need to tuck the right side cut motor safety switch wires into the back right corner if you didn't. If you don't, the Y will bump into the wires and the bit plate won't come out and the bit will go down past where it expects the plate and error out...

A common post after maintenance.... My bit plate won't come out.....

Good Job on cutting the cover... Don't have a clue why the new cover didn't work...

AL

Mugsowner
04-16-2017, 10:26 PM
I mounted one on an A model with no problems. Fit well, works great.