PDA

View Full Version : Cut motor problem and pattern question

dehrlich
04-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Ok so i'm doing a important project, the machine managed to finish a 2.5 hr carve but then when it had to do the last bit; some centerline text like shown in the pic, the cut motor would not spin up. After a couple times of stopping and trying to start with no success it aborted the project. I tried to do a user test and it said the cut motor was running when it wasn't. Is it the cut motor or a sensor?

Second question is how to do the text. I can do a MPC with just the text easy enough, but how to fool the machine to do it in the carve region already there? The surface would be only 3/8" thick. I'm guessing I have to put it on a sled, then when it goes to find the surface move the bit to the carve region?

If it matters this is my CS machine

RonMartinez
04-04-2017, 05:14 PM
We ran into a similar problem where the machine said the cut motor was running when it wasn't.
We were able to fix it by reseating the plastic dust cover. There is a cut-off switch on the right-hand side of the cover that needed to be re-engaged. When the cover was reset the motor started spinning and we were able to finish our project.

dehrlich
04-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Yes I am begining to think it is the AC switch. I changed out the cut motor with one from my back up machine. It got through the tests fine but when I tried to run the project it wouldn't go again. I'm hoping it is just the switch. If that doesn't work, I will go to the backup I guess.

bamaman315
11-25-2018, 06:13 PM
do you have a picture of this ?