PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL download needed- help

RonMartinez
04-03-2017, 06:28 PM
I am looking for the OpenGL 2.1 or greater for the Pattern Sculptor SW which I just down load January 2017

I have a Windows 10 OS 64 bit machine

My system says I have OpenGL 1.1

I am also running NVIDIA GeForce GT 750 Driver version 378.92 on a Intel core i7-4702MQ CPU @2.20 GHZ for notebooks
7.93 GB Ram on a HP display 1920 x 1080

I have tried to download the newest graphic driver from the NVIDIA drive site with no success.
I have also tried the Intel driver site, again no success

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Ron

DickB
04-04-2017, 07:15 AM
I ran into this on an older computer as well. I believe it is up to the graphics card maker to do this. Unfortunately they do not necessarily keep up to date. I believe your only recourse is to upgrade your graphics card.

RonMartinez
04-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Folks, Thank you for your feedback.

I think I have found the answer for now.

I forgot to include the following information:

I am using a Targus Model ACP70USA Item 61 docking station.
S/N 1312012279.
I wrote to the company and here is their reply below:

Thank you for your enquiry.
The issue is unfortunately not located with DisplayLink drivers.
Microsoft is currently working on this bug we reported to them with the graphics vendors. The operating system should pass through the version from the primary graphics card drivers, but doesn't, making it look like there is no hardware acceleration (1.1).

OpenGL doesn't make any sense to DisplayLink on Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards: OpenGL is for graphics processing units (GPUs) so the graphics card, and the Targus dock is not a graphics card, but an adapter.

I have tagged your ticket with the internal tracking number so we can let you know when a fix is available from either Microsoft or the graphics vendors.

The fix was to plug the monitor directly into the PC by-passing the docking station and everything is working fine - no OpenGL 2.1 issues :)

Regards
Ron