PDA

View Full Version : Moving Centerline letters and getting a "Constrained" condition.

Digitalwoodshop
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Interesting problem. Attached is a sample of 2 sets of centerline text from the Greybeard font boards.

I am having good luck working with them but I came up with an annoying problem. Case in point in the download. The top set of letters have a problem, the bottom set works fine.

The top set of letters I believe if you select ALL the letters you will be able to move the group of VALLEY Letters up and down but not left and right. The second "L" is CONSTRAINED. I made this condition by selecting a letter wrong and got a box with the location numbers in it. The only way I could make it go away is keep hitting enter. This changes the leader arm and numbers from green to yellow. This yellow is a "Constrained" condition causing the letter to be restrained in one axis. A GOOD thing if it is used properly, but a problem if I don't understand it.

I found a fix for the problem by accident. I selected the letters VALLEY and copied them. Opened a new board and pasted them. At that time I found that they worked properly and did not have any restraints or constrained condition. I went back into the first document and deleted the problem VALLEY and pasted back in the previously copied VALLEY and that fixed the problem.

The real fix would to understand how to correctly control the Constrain condition. Searched the help but did not find the magic fix or understanding in that.

Any help would be appreciated. During one attempt I was right clicking and got a menu to remove the restraint and selected it, but could not duplicate the fix again.

What am I missing?

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-25-2007, 09:06 PM
This is getting bad.... I ended up answering my own question....

On my bedtime laptop I opened the file and right clicked on the second L yellow numbers and got a menu edit attachment and delete attachment. Deleting attachment fixed the problem.

So it looks like if you are setting up a row of letters you can type in the level you want the test to be on and then just move them left and right to make it look correct. No more nudging un and down so it looks flat....

AL

Gman_Ind
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Answering your own question is allowed, thanks for posting the fix.

Digitalwoodshop
03-29-2007, 09:16 PM
The Constrain works great getting all the letters the same height, just type in the number. You can go back and turn it off later if you want to move something.

AL