PDA

View Full Version : Vector Groups

SteveNelson46
03-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Vector Groups are Carvewright's version of V-carving and are really cool but they don't seem to be used much. Here is an example. BTW, they're playing tonight in the championships.

bergerud
03-23-2017, 11:11 PM
I agree. Vector groups are cool. I have only used them to experiment with them. It is not easy to get something looking as good as your Wildcat.

SteveNelson46
03-23-2017, 11:27 PM
I agree. Vector groups are cool. I have only used them to experiment with them. It is not easy to get something looking as good as your Wildcat.

As I mentioned before, they are v-carves. Pretty much the same as centerline so one has to keep in mind that the bit will plunge to a depth to fill the space between the lines. So double lines are required the same as in centerline text. With most carving programs the bit will make multiple passes if the lines are spaced too far apart but I'm not sure if the Designer will do that without leaving "islands".

bjbethke
03-24-2017, 01:52 AM
I make a lot of Line Drawing patterns with a "V" carve; I use my Font Creator to make the patterns - I can adjust the depth of the fonts with that program; I don't have the New CW Stuff. The Wildcat does carve nice.