PDA

View Full Version : Tool bits -vector vs raster cut

Navigator
03-25-2007, 03:19 PM
It appears that most of the cutting bits require a vector path to perform correctly, while the carving bit follows a side to side raster cut. Is this correct? If so, does the bit selected for a cut determine its vector/raster attribute or is this something I need to be aware of to predict the results? I am speaking now only of designs laid out completely within Designer, not imported drawings or photos. This may be a repeat of a post I just made, but that one seems to have gone to cursor heaven.

pkunk
03-25-2007, 03:41 PM
It appears that most of the cutting bits require a vector path to perform correctly, while the carving bit follows a side to side raster cut. Is this correct? If so, does the bit selected for a cut determine its vector/raster attribute or is this something I need to be aware of to predict the results? I am speaking now only of designs laid out completely within Designer, not imported drawings or photos. This may be a repeat of a post I just made, but that one seems to have gone to cursor heaven.
Please, Navigator...Don't double post! Your first is there. The software mostly selects the bit. Carving bit for raster, etc.