PDA

View Full Version : Can't move carvings vertically

djarboe
03-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Attached is my project. I want to do two things.

First, move the three coasters a little farther above the horizontal center line.
Second, paste another three below the center line.

I can't seem to get any of the three coasters to move vertically however. What am I doing wrong?

I do plan on using side rails, since the board will be too small to carve by itself.

Digitalwoodshop
03-19-2017, 03:00 PM
Didn't look at the art.. But you likely have a Distance Line YELLOW or locked... Use remove attachment to turn it GREEN... Or Center Horz or Very is locked on.

fwharris
03-19-2017, 03:03 PM
You need to remove the "center vertically" on everything first.

bergerud
03-19-2017, 03:28 PM
I would like to know how the coasters could all be where they are (not vertically centered) when center vertically is on!

djarboe
03-19-2017, 03:49 PM
You need to remove the "center vertically" on everything first.

That did it. I removed the center vert constraint before copying one to the clipboard. Then, when I pasted it into the new board, I was able to move it vertically.

djarboe
03-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Didn't look at the art.. But you likely have a Distance Line YELLOW or locked... Use remove attachment to turn it GREEN... Or Center Horz or Very is locked on.

Removing the center vertically constraint before copying it to the clipboard allowed me to paste it into the new board and have full control of movement. But, where is the tool to remove an attachment?

fwharris
03-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Removing the center vertically constraint before copying it to the clipboard allowed me to paste it into the new board and have full control of movement. But, where is the tool to remove an attachment?

You did not have any attachments. But if you did, point to it with the mouse, right click and select "remove attachment" .

SteveNelson46
03-19-2017, 06:43 PM
I would like to know how the coasters could all be where they are (not vertically centered) when center vertically is on!

Dan,

When copying and pasting from one project to another and the size of the boards are different, the Designer will paste in the same location even if there is a vertical or horizontal constraint and keeps the restraint on without applying it. One can just remove the constraint after pasting and it will release it. While it isn't a major issue I find it annoying. The restraints should automatically be removed. Most other programs apply restraints without persistence.

bergerud
03-19-2017, 07:30 PM
Thanks Steve. I never noticed that before. That explains how djarboe got into that situation.

djarboe
03-20-2017, 11:08 AM
Dan,

When copying and pasting from one project to another and the size of the boards are different, the Designer will paste in the same location even if there is a vertical or horizontal constraint and keeps the restraint on without applying it. One can just remove the constraint after pasting and it will release it. While it isn't a major issue I find it annoying. The restraints should automatically be removed. Most other programs apply restraints without persistence.

Oddly enough, when I first tried it, the "pasted" item did not show it as constrained by a center vertically attribute. That was grayed out, or unselected. It still would not move vertically until I copied from the original after removing the center constraint.

SteveNelson46
03-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Oddly enough, when I first tried it, the "pasted" item did not show it as constrained by a center vertically attribute. That was grayed out, or unselected. It still would not move vertically until I copied from the original after removing the center constraint.

Try right clicking the mouse on the pasted item.