PDA

View Full Version : X-Stall

SharonB
03-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Background: On a C-machine. Started out when cut motor won't run. Replaced with a motor I knew worked...nothing. Changed out FFC cable, etc. Ended up having to replace X-Termination board due to fired (capacitor ?). Now, all options #8 work: y, Z and cut motor. But X goes right in a stall (04-034). Putting a board in machine and crank down head and get the same results....the belt does not even try to move. Have I forgotten to plug a wire back in.... where does the power for the x-movement come from? Where do I start looking?

2nd question: What is the right head pressure for rubber belts?

I'm working in shop but will check back often. Thanks

fwharris
03-10-2017, 03:45 PM
The X motor does plug into the X termination board so I would check that connection.

SharonB
03-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Thank you. Will check that connection.

bergerud
03-10-2017, 04:35 PM
We have not been told that the head pressure for the rubber belts is any different than for the sand paper belts. Are you thinking it could be less?

SharonB
03-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Floyd... connections did not look loose but after wiggling them around the belts are moving. Thanks

Dan.... I have about 70 pds pressure. I though the rubbers belts was a little more or less than the sandpaper belts, I know I saw the figures somewhere but couldn't find them so thought I'd ask.

Now, fingers cross, maybe I can have the machine up and running by tomorrow.

lynnfrwd
03-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Head pressure for Heavy Duty belts is 80 to 90 lbs. Head pressure for Sandpaper belts is 70-80 lbs.

fwharris
03-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Head pressure for Heavy Duty belts is 80 to 90 lbs. Head pressure for Sandpaper belts is 70-80 lbs.

Not according to this see comments @ 1:20 Just the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s5bCNt_QlM&list=PL4rKdcACTb3mDX0bp8O5sezQTM_lPOXNO&index=15

lynnfrwd
03-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Talked to Chris L. He said Sandpaper is 70 to 80. Higher would probably tear belts.
Said 80 to 90 is correct. He prefers to lean towards 90 unless it is cold outside.

I will let Joe know, so he can possibly correct the video.

SharonB
03-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Right now the most I get is 70 on the rubber belts. Will have to work to see if I can get it higher.

fwharris
03-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Right now the most I get is 70 on the rubber belts. Will have to work to see if I can get it higher.

From my experience you are probably okay at 70 lbs. The rubber belts do track/grip better than the sandpaper belts.

bergerud
03-11-2017, 12:42 PM
I wish that LHR would explain their reasoning when they advise procedure changes. It sure seems to me, that if anything, the rubber belts would require less head pressure. (Might also be an idea to mention this head pressure difference in the pdf instructions for installing rubber belts?)

fwharris
03-11-2017, 12:58 PM
I wish that LHR would explain their reasoning when they advise procedure changes. It sure seems to me, that if anything, the rubber belts would require less head pressure. (Might also be an idea to mention this head pressure difference in the pdf instructions for installing rubber belts?)

Especially since there have been several "changes" in the last year. I agree with you on needing less head pressure with the rubber belts. I do remember when they first came out that it was stated that you could run with about 5 lbs. less pressure. Anyway that is how I understood it, but you know how CRS happens.