PDA

View Full Version : Spindle truck won't move manually

bbakr
03-07-2017, 03:42 PM
I was attempting to clean the x,y tracks and noticed that I couldn't move the spindle truck manually. Machine was turned off and unplugged. Any thoughts?

fwharris
03-07-2017, 04:27 PM
I am guessing that it will not move in the Y direction. The motor might be stuck. Is it stuck in the center or at the key board end of the machine? Have you tried powering it up the run the axis tests to see if it will move. Key pad 0,8 and arrow down to the Z and Y axis test.

bergerud
03-07-2017, 04:30 PM
If the carriage will not move in the y direction, it could be a frozen roller on the carriage or it could be the little bearings inside the y gear box. After around 250 hours they give it up.

Digitalwoodshop
03-07-2017, 06:19 PM
His or Her first POST... WELCOME !!!!

Not sure the machine's age?... Cut Hours... Over 250? Like posted above... When the "Y" Gear Box Bearings fail they let the big plastic gear lean toward the center of the machine. The Gearbox is mounted in a U shaped area of the machine frame and the side of the gear hits or RUBS on the frame making it VERY hard to push.

ALSO.. Like posted above, the Roller Bearings on the Y Truck can get DRY and get Sawdust INSIDE making it hard to move the Head in Y.

ALSO.. The Drill Rod that the Trucks ride on can get Sawdust stuck to them. I keep a brass toothbrush to scrub the rails from time to time.

The 2 Bearings are 685ZZ metric. And like said above.. They need to be replaced every 250 cut hours AS DO the Cut Motor Brushes. Get them from LHR.

WELCOME !!!

AL

Mugsowner
03-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Has anyone tried using a 6852rs bearing for this. ZZ bearings have two metal dust shields that are able to keep out the big stuff but smaller particles still make it in. A 2rs bearing has two rubber seals, which are better designed for harsher environments. They have a little more cost, but if dust is the demon here, they may give a longer lifespan.

fwharris
03-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Has anyone tried using a 6852rs bearing for this. ZZ bearings have two metal dust shields that are able to keep out the big stuff but smaller particles still make it in. A 2rs bearing has two rubber seals, which are better designed for harsher environments. They have a little more cost, but if dust is the demon here, they may give a longer lifespan.

Not that I am aware of but they should work.

bergerud
03-07-2017, 09:45 PM
I believe the original bearings are 685 2RS. Except for one side of the rear bearing, they are buried in grease so I do not think it matters much about the seals.