PDA

View Full Version : Rectangle won't close

want2b
03-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Have done a couple of signs with letters and some appliques. Trying to make a simple drawer front 4 in by 29 1/2 in with a simple 1/16 groove around the outside. Cut and thickness planed a board 4 in by 36 in by 7/8 in. Set the dimensions of the board in carver program and put a rectangle on it. Edited the dimensions of the rectangle, uploaded and turned the carver loose. Carver started aprox 1 in from a corner, went around the board and ended approx 1 in from the same corner. Have attached pic(sorry for quality, did cuts in paint to get file size down), used a pencil to try and make cut visible. Also attached copy of carver file. Tried it a second time after rechecking my program, didn't get board in tight so second groove appears on long side.
Appreciate help from more experienced users, thx

Sarge
03-25-2007, 02:07 PM
OK, I looked at your MPC. It looks like you hit Contour button!!! The design shows the carved region tapering off in the left side of the drawer. I re-did your front real fast and here is what I got. You'll have to resize the carved area to your required size.

rgant05
03-25-2007, 07:48 PM
want2b,

Actually you hit the Select Depth Profile feature instead of the Select Bit button (on the left side of it) The Depth Profile varies the depth of the cuting bit according to a particular pattern. The rectangle ends do meet, its just that it goes from zero to full depth on the right hand side of the drawer front and then back to zero and looks like it doesn't meet. I'm not sure exactly what it is that you want the cut to look like so can't go any further, but Sarge was right on track with what he has posted and what he is telling you.... just used the wrong name for what you had done.

want2b
03-26-2007, 06:36 AM
thanks for the feedback, did hit the depth profile, just didn't get the expected results. Was looking at it as providing an effect similar to feathering the edges of my groove, have to read a little more I guess on some of the options.
Thxs to both for the help.