PDA

View Full Version : MARCH 2017 Project of the Month - "Strawberries Forever" Wall Clock!

mtylerfl
03-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Hello,

This wall clock project features a beautifully detailed strawberry carving motif for you to enjoy! The sample was simply stained and clear-coated but will lend itself nicely to a painted finish, or even a paint and stain combination, as well.

The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

Finished dimensions of the Strawberries Forever Clock are approximately: 1.5" deep x 10" wide x 17.6" tall.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
• Strawberry_FRONT_Panel.mpc
• Strawberry_REAR_Panel.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
FRONT: 0.75" x 11" x 26"
REAR: 0.75" x 11" x 26"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig.

3) A 5-7/8 inch clock insert (3.25" dia. mounting hole). I used model #15341 from:
https://www.klockit.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=5+7%2F8%22+clock#1

4) Sandpaper, sawtooth picture hanger, glue, stain and/or paint and clear finish

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details. A spindle sander and small belt sander can also be handy to speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on my Strawberries Forever Clock sample made from Select Pine:
• Apply Rust-Oleum Ultimate Stain - Wheat
• Several coats of gloss Krylon Clear Acrylic spray

oscarl48
03-04-2017, 10:51 PM
Beautiful project. Nicely done.

dbemus
03-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Thumbs up for this one! Thank you Michael!

farmer
03-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Great work beautiful project !

TerryT
03-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Michael, I've been saying it for 10 years now. I don't know what impresses me the most, the quality and coolness of the projects or the fact that you never seem at a loss to come up with such fantastic projects, Every month!!
All I can say is..... Nicely done.

SteveNelson46
03-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Michael, I've been saying it for 10 years now. I don't know what impresses me the most, the quality and coolness of the projects or the fact that you never seem at a loss to come up with such fantastic projects, Every month!!
All I can say is..... Nicely done.

I couldn't have said it any better!

JMann
03-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Hello,

This wall clock project features a beautifully detailed strawberry carving motif for you to enjoy! The sample was simply stained and clear-coated but will lend itself nicely to a painted finish, or even a paint and stain combination, as well.

The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

Finished dimensions of the Strawberries Forever Clock are approximately: 1.5" deep x 10" wide x 17.6" tall.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
• Strawberry_FRONT_Panel.mpc
• Strawberry_REAR_Panel.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
FRONT: 0.75" x 11" x 26"
REAR: 0.75" x 11" x 26"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig.

3) A 5-7/8 inch clock insert (3.25" dia. mounting hole). I used model #15341 from:
https://www.klockit.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=5+7%2F8%22+clock#1

4) Sandpaper, sawtooth picture hanger, glue, stain and/or paint and clear finish

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details. A spindle sander and small belt sander can also be handy to speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on my Strawberries Forever Clock sample made from Select Pine:
• Apply Rust-Oleum Ultimate Stain - Wheat
• Several coats of gloss Krylon Clear Acrylic spray

Beautiful!

mtylerfl
03-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Thank you all for the very kind words!! You have definitely made my day and am genuinely happy you are enjoying the projects!

rcdages
03-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Once again you have a great POM. !!!!!