PDA

View Full Version : Wanted----Erwin Dust collector

kelsky
02-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Looking for anyone who has the Erwin Dust collection piece. IM me if you do and how much you are asking for it.

Thx

RWest
09-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Yes, I would like to find one also. I am not happy with the inefficiency of the new CarveWright plastic one.

Looking for anyone who has the Erwin Dust collection piece. IM me if you do and how much you are asking for it.

Thx

bergerud
09-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the forum. What makes you think the Erwin DC is any better than the CW DC? (I have heard that the RingNeckBlues DC was the best of the lot.)

DianMayfield
09-14-2017, 12:10 PM
I have both the Ring Neck and the Erwin on my 2 machines. I find that the Erwin collects more debris, is easier to quickly add/remove the hose due to the proper hose fitting, rather than crimped metal that leaks. Just my experience, your results may vary.

his website still lists them - Erwinproducts.com

bergerud
09-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Ok, I stand corrected. I do not use these types of dust collectors, and so, I really do not know from experience.

DianMayfield
09-14-2017, 05:04 PM
Dan, no need to stand corrected. It really is a personal preference. I am sure the debate could grow quite heated :) It could boil down to the way my DC hoses are rigged up. Just haven't found the time to switch it up.

We always value your opinion!!

fwharris
09-14-2017, 05:15 PM
I have both the Ring Neck and the Erwin on my 2 machines. I find that the Erwin collects more debris, is easier to quickly add/remove the hose due to the proper hose fitting, rather than crimped metal that leaks. Just my experience, your results may vary.

his website still lists them - Erwinproducts.com

Seal up the hose with duct tape or add a quick connect fitting to the hose.

DianMayfield
09-14-2017, 05:26 PM
One way I use the DC hose is I sweep it across the board as I remove it. Saves needing to sweep/vacuum so much or have my monster shop vac in the way as I work. Duct tape is not practical, for ME. :)

I have not seen a 4" quick disconnect!

fwharris
09-14-2017, 06:00 PM
That makes sense... Link to the quick connect fitting.. https://www.woodcraft.com/products/4-quick-disconnect-hose-to-4-o-d-dust-collection-fitting

DianMayfield
09-14-2017, 09:55 PM
Thanks! I will be near a Wood Craft tomorrow (180 miles).. I will have to see if they keep them in stock. Could be the perfect answer :)

Mugsowner
09-15-2017, 06:17 AM
You can hop online and head to their site, pick the store you are going to be near, and check their inventory there to save the drive to see if they have one.

SteveNelson46
09-15-2017, 10:42 AM
One way I use the DC hose is I sweep it across the board as I remove it. Saves needing to sweep/vacuum so much or have my monster shop vac in the way as I work. Duct tape is not practical, for ME. :)

I have not seen a 4" quick disconnect!

I have several. Bought them at Woodcraft.

EDIT: I have all three of the dust collectors, RingNeckBlues, Dust Devil and Carvewright's. IMHO, Floyd's RingNeckBlues works the best. Albeit not as pretty. But, Floyd isn't very pretty either.:-D

fwharris
09-15-2017, 11:17 AM
I have several. Bought them at Woodcraft.

EDIT: I have all three of the dust collectors, RingNeckBlues, Dust Devil and Carvewright's. IMHO, Floyd's RingNeckBlues works the best. Albeit not as pretty. But, Floyd isn't very pretty either.:-D

Nope It Just Sucks! I've had a couple of customers send me pictures of the DC-INSERT after they spray painted it. I've thought about doing this but that would be more steps to getting it out and more cost. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Thanks Steve!

pqkenai
02-15-2018, 12:42 AM

Thx

I have a Ringneck Blues collector. Call 907 598 3332 or email pqkenai@gmail.com

DianMayfield
02-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Here is a link to Erwin's site. I would contact him to see if he is still making them.
http://www.erwinproducts.com/erwin_products_004.htm