PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a new machine...and I have a few questions

Doogie
02-23-2017, 09:05 PM
I am thinking of purchasing a new Carvewright. I have one of the older ones that has Craftsman across the top. I have had a lot of problems with this machine and since I had bought it used and it is the older style, I figured I would check into a new one. Is the newer CX model a lot better than what I have now? Is the Designer 3 software worth the additional money? And last but not least, is the current price a good price to get it at or will it be going on sale / off sale soon? Thanks in advance for any responses..

fwharris
02-23-2017, 09:41 PM
The CX does have some improvements with the new power supply, quieter cut motor and some beef up on the case. Of course it has the CarveTight chuck instead of the Quick Change and the rubber belts are standard. I would also suggest getting Designer 3 as it is their new platform and all changes will be based on it. Plus some of the add on features will only work in 3.

They do have a 10 year anniversary sale going on right now https://store.carvewright.com/offers.php but they do also run sales each month as well.

cedarwoodworks
02-28-2017, 09:31 AM
I have and C or CX for sale, if interested. Larry

cedarwoodworks
02-28-2017, 10:22 AM
can't reply to your question

CarverJerry
02-28-2017, 03:11 PM
fwharris, so what designer version comes with the newest machine?

bergerud
02-28-2017, 04:39 PM
It would be 1.188 now.

fwharris
02-28-2017, 04:50 PM
fwharris, so what designer version comes with the newest machine?

You have the choice of the basic or the pro version. All of the "package" deals include the pro version.