PDA

View Full Version : Couple of new fence art

myshop1044
02-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Just completed a new set for the up coming spring craft show. These 2were requested earlier at another show.
Thanks to Carvebuddy for creating these ptns. I think they will create some sales and maybe orders.
Thanks again MT.
looks like the pictures are some what screwed up will repost.

dbemus
02-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Nice work!! Very attractive design! I am sure this will be very popular at the show!

myshop1044
02-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Yes I have 8 different types and depending on the show they sell well

DonCP
02-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Very nice Perry.

mtylerfl
02-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Good job, Perry! Thank you for posting the pics (and for the kind words, too).

Some questions for you:
1) Did you use Bit Optimization Best?
2) How deep is the carve region area?
3) How deep did you set the PTN's and did you set the Height at 999?
4) What X,Y dimensions did you set for the PTN's (left the same as the original size or was the size enlarged or reduced?)
5) What setting did you carve at? (Normal, Best or Optimal?)

I may have a couple suggestions on how you can eek out even more fine detail.

myshop1044
02-26-2017, 08:00 AM
Michael here are answers to you questions first let me say the cypress at that small size (3.25 x 8 5) does not need a lot detail.
cypress does not take a lot of detail well. After sanding it down on my mop 220 , it looked very well for the outdoor project it will be come.
Her are answers to you questions. Bit Opt. Best, carve region is set to .375, Ptn height is 999, the ptn was stretched to fill the window of the region
The carving setting I always "best". The total time is 1:10 min.
I sealed it in Thompson's Honey Gold color outdoor seal. That way they can reseal each year themselves.
Let me say I would recommend Micheal T , Carvebuddy for pattern creations any time, we have done business many time and always fine quality .

mtylerfl
02-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Thank you very much, Perry!

All your settings sound perfectly reasonable. I also understand your use of Best instead of Optimal. Harder to make a profit at about double (or more) the carve time. The projects certainly do look GREAT! Thank you for sharing your knowledge about Cypress - I have never carved that myself, so I learned something today. Thank you again!