PDA

View Full Version : Z axsis error

svamorgan
02-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I have the 24" carvewright carrier and it was working great yesterday and today I'm getting z axsis error. When it goes to the outer side of the board to check depth of the board it falls short like 1" and hits the board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

svamorgan
02-11-2017, 06:34 PM
I tried a different project with a different jig and it works fine but with the carvewright jig it's not. Hmm worked yesterday any help be great thanks

bergerud
02-11-2017, 07:50 PM
The z stall, I assume, is because the machine expects the bit to miss the board and bob down beside the board as if it was bobbing into the hole in the sliding plate. On the carrier, it is supposed to bob into the hole drilled in the top of the carrier side. For this to occur properly, the width of the board must be measured correctly and one has to jog to touch in the x direction to line up the hole in the carrier with the bit.

Note that if the project does not go deeper that 1/2", the machine does not bother with the board thickness bobs. Maybe that was yesterday??

If this does not help, you will have to explain exactly where and when the bit stalls relative to the board and carrier.

svamorgan
02-11-2017, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the info I will get that straight. One more question the rubber on the shafts is getting hot while it's running does thus mean I have to apply the graphite to it or is there another issue

bergerud
02-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Keep a close eye on the flex if it is running hot. Make sure the sheath arcs as circular as possible and make sure the core floats freely in the sheath (the square ends move freely in the square holes at each end). Maybe the core does need to be lubed.

normrichards
02-12-2017, 01:37 PM
I dont think graphite is recommended my understanding and what I use is a moly based lube. There are other threads on the forum of what you should use.

svamorgan
02-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Well I figured out my problem the flex shafts had tons of play in it. When I bought this from my friend he gave me a brand new one. I replaced it and lubed up everything and done a good cleaning