PDA

View Full Version : Where are our attendees from?

lynnfrwd
02-09-2017, 11:02 AM
So far, we have attendees coming from the following areas:

CANADA
Alberta

UNITED STATES
Arkansas
California
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Texas (lots!)
Washington
Wisconsin

ICE BREAKER:
We invite everyone to wear a hat or shirt or something, that indicates where you are from on the first day of the conference (Thursday). You may find "a carver near you" down here in Houston.

NOTE: This is the earliest we have had so many sign up. Seating and hotel rooms are limited. Get yours early.

Alan Malmstrom
02-09-2017, 08:29 PM
I'm sighed up. Coming from Illinois. I'm all set up for the conference and a room. I just need to get a flight out there. I'm also sponsoring the Conference and looking forward to getting some visibility for my web site.

lynnfrwd
02-10-2017, 09:24 AM
I'm sighed up. Coming from Illinois. I'm all set up for the conference and a room. I just need to get a flight out there. I'm also sponsoring the Conference and looking forward to getting some visibility for my web site.

That is awesome! We look forward to seeing you.

lynnfrwd
02-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Got a couple of different people coming from New York.

dbemus
02-14-2017, 02:49 PM
Connie, How are we different??? ;)

lynnfrwd
02-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Connie, How are we different??? ;)

Well, I thought you were two separate customers; not a couple.

lynnfrwd
02-14-2017, 05:59 PM
to our list.

dbemus
02-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Well we are separate customers, I was just teasing you with the word "different". I am looking forward to my fifth conference!!

lynnfrwd
02-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Well we are separate customers, I was just teasing you with the word "different". I am looking forward to my fifth conference!!

I knew it sounded funny when I typed it, but couldn't think of how else to say it. Look forward to seeing you, again. You get your 5 YEAR ribbon this year. Congrats!!!

lynnfrwd
02-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Added CANADA!

lynnfrwd
02-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Adding Oregon!!

lynnfrwd
02-23-2017, 11:17 AM
Added Oklahoma!

lynnfrwd
03-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Added Michigan & Missouri.

lynnfrwd
03-08-2017, 10:42 AM
All the way from Connecticut!

lynnfrwd
03-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Added California!!

Sliverfoot
03-21-2017, 12:26 PM
REALLY, REALLY wish I could make. Enjoy everyone. It's well worth it.

lynnfrwd
04-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Added Louisiana & Indiana

(Was starting to wonder about our neighbors in Louisiana!)

lynnfrwd
05-31-2017, 10:49 AM
I've been behind.

Added:
Arkansas
Georgia
Idaho
Iowa
Minnesota
Ohio
Washington
Wisconsin

mgreen76549
06-28-2017, 09:26 PM
Could any of us had been from the Great Republic of Texas?

lynnfrwd
06-29-2017, 09:21 AM
Could any of us had been from the Great Republic of Texas?

Most of us were from the Great Republic of Texas!

oscarl48
06-29-2017, 10:02 AM
Connie, I hope the conference was a huge success and that everyone is re-energized!

lynnfrwd
06-29-2017, 10:15 AM
So far, we have attendees coming from the following areas:

CANADA
Alberta

UNITED STATES
Arkansas
California
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Texas (lots!)
Washington
Wisconsin

I think this was the final list. It was our biggest attendance, yet. May have to find a bigger location!

kwbcpastor
03-20-2018, 01:30 PM
Is there any way a conference could be held on the East coast? Texas is a long way from central Virginia. There were 5 states represented that would benefit from this and I would add another Va.! where is the post new thread button????????

mtylerfl
03-20-2018, 05:44 PM
Hi Pastor,

I'm pretty sure the main annual CarveWright Conferences will likely always be held near the company headquarters in Texas. I hope you'll be able to attend at least one anyway! They are always educational, inspiring and fun!

Are there any other CW users near you? If so, maybe you can get together informally from time to time to exchange ideas, help each other and bring projects for some show and tell!

Scooby
03-20-2018, 07:10 PM
Why not Vegas? There are always cheap tickets to fly to Vegas. Has CW arranged discounts for lodging, etc?

mtylerfl
03-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Sorry Scooby,

I just about scream when I have to go to conferences in Vegas. I am sooo burned out going to that town! Been there a "zillion" times. Unfortunately, it's a popular place for conferences, so it's inevitable I'll be going there again...and again...and again...aaaarrrggg!

I think it's unlikely that CarveWright will change the location of the annual conference. They do arrange for special room rates, etc. every year.

Scooby
03-21-2018, 09:45 AM
Mike - Never been to Vegas but have been in DFW a lot. I want to go to a conference and Vegas, just trying to take 2 off the bucket list in one shot. Need a proxy? I'll fill in for you.
I liked one idea that was on one of the forums - buy a new machine and get free attendance to the conference. I would buy one right now if that was offered.

mtylerfl
03-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Mike - Never been to Vegas but have been in DFW a lot. I want to go to a conference and Vegas, just trying to take 2 off the bucket list in one shot. Need a proxy? I'll fill in for you.

Hmmm. That's worth considering. You would have to do one or two hours worth of presentations though. :p

I liked one idea that was on one of the forums - buy a new machine and get free attendance to the conference. I would buy one right now if that was offered.

That is a very interesting idea!

kwbcpastor
03-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the reply! I don't know of any but surely there must be. I just cannot take that much time from work. I'd love to see them on DVD for the same price. if you qualify by being out of the conference area...say 600 mile or so. I'd be in. Say, where is the start a new thread button. I can't find it on my page. It says "reply to thread"

fwharris
03-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the reply! I don't know of any but surely there must be. I just cannot take that much time from work. I'd love to see them on DVD for the same price. if you qualify by being out of the conference area...say 600 mile or so. I'd be in. Say, where is the start a new thread button. I can't find it on my page. It says "reply to thread"

You need to be out side the topic of discussion to get the start new thread.

mtylerfl
03-21-2018, 12:35 PM
To start a new thread, you first click on a suitable category title. Once you are in that category, you will see the "post new thread" button.

Scooby
03-21-2018, 12:58 PM
What's the topic? I can talk about a lot of things.