PDA

View Full Version : cutting motor

Mikewiz
03-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey,

I new here. I just got my machine on wendsday and already have three projects down. But on my last two the machine shut its self down after 20% of the carving was done. The LCD was saying " check cutting motor, press enter to proceed". I looked at it and press enter. I ran fine after that, Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks,
MIkewiz

dustyshp
03-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I recieved my machine yesterday and it is doing the exact same thing.

I am also getting a board problem. Then when I check the board I can fine not problem. I will get the board problem a couple of times then it will read the board fine if I select Move to corner.

Thanks
Dustyshop

Jeff_Birt
03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Guys, the first thing to do is SEARCH. There have been many post on each subject.

Mikewiz
03-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey,

I did a search. Can't find anything on that topic. Thx Mike

HandTurnedMaple
03-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Seems to be related to the 1.120 update. I don't believe it is anything other than an annoyance. But it was a running discussion for several days recently so you should be able to find it.

Jeff_Birt
03-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Mike, I searched for "Check cut motor" (with quotes) and got 9 hits. Could be cover switch or as HTM says, just a quirk in 1.120 (mine has done it as well)

rgant05
03-25-2007, 12:20 PM
I've seen this on some other post, but I don't think I have ever seen an answer OR solution to it. It is not just a 1.120 "thang". I had the same problem before I upgraded except the message was different. It would come up with the message "Check Flexshaft" or something to that effect. I have talked with CW about this issue and yes it is annoyance, but they think that is all that it is at this point. They feel that it is a sensor within the motor that may be causing it. I have a replacement motor coming so I can send mine in for them to analyse, but at this point mine is safely usable. The only problem that I have is that about 30 or 40 seconds into the carve it gives the message (only one time), I press the enter to continue and it completes the project with no other occurance. Honestly, I really think it is a software issue or possibly could be dealt with via software (although it may be initiated by something in the hardware) but that is for CW to determine and decide how to handle it, but according to them at this point other than an annoyance it shouldn't be a problem for continued use of the machine.

Roger

Mikewiz
03-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the help. I can live with the annouyance untill it can be resolved. I just wanted to make sure my machine wasn,t going to be damaged if I still use it. Thanks Mike

pkunk
03-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I've seen this on some other post, but I don't think I have ever seen an answer OR solution to it. It is not just a 1.120 "thang". I had the same problem before I upgraded except the message was different. It would come up with the message "Check Flexshaft" or something to that effect. I have talked with CW about this issue and yes it is annoyance, but they think that is all that it is at this point. They feel that it is a sensor within the motor that may be causing it. I have a replacement motor coming so I can send mine in for them to analyse, but at this point mine is safely usable. The only problem that I have is that about 30 or 40 seconds into the carve it gives the message (only one time), I press the enter to continue and it completes the project with no other occurance. Honestly, I really think it is a software issue or possibly could be dealt with via software (although it may be initiated by something in the hardware) but that is for CW to determine and decide how to handle it, but according to them at this point other than an annoyance it shouldn't be a problem for continued use of the machine.

Roger
I never had those messages until I installed a new motor/shaft/motor sensor combination(because I couldn't keep the brass shaft shims in place). Then I started getting "check motor" & "check flex shaft" on a regular basis. It's most annoying to have to stop whatever and go over & restart the sucker for nuttin. :rolleyes:

IM2HAPPI
03-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Welcome and I wanted to drop a hint on the search. When you type in subject, make sure show post has dot(second one) not show thread. I have found in past wasnt easy trying to find a certain subject when show thread is what it looks for instead of post. Hope this helps out some.

dustyshp
03-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Everyone
Thanks for all the help. You were right about the cover switch. Now I am getting cover open. I did a search and found that there is a cable that needs removed. I will call tomorrow and see if I can fix it here.

I still am getting the board problem message. I cut a piece of 1/2 birch plywood 24 x 14 and it will not find the lenght sometimes and others not the width. This is a new sheet of plywood and is not warped or cupped.
Any ideas.
Thanks again for all your help.
Dustyshop