PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Compression Roller

kzushma
01-29-2017, 06:56 AM
Hello,
So getting the error code of E34-0204.
When I go through the sensor check, I find that my rear roll or reads "compresses" even without a board in place.
I can pull up on the front roller and see its status change and here the electric relay switch click.
On the rear, it moves, but no click and no change on its status.
I have blown the area out, no luck.
What do you think I should do next? Should I drop those two screws to see if there is an issue with the switch?
Thanks for any advice on this.
Ken

bergerud
01-29-2017, 10:58 AM
Move the left side of the rear roller up and down as you blow air at the switch. If that does not work to free it up, go for the screws and check the switch.

Digitalwoodshop
01-29-2017, 02:39 PM
I have heard of the switches going bad...

Here are some pictures.

When the roller is compressed with a board in the machine then you blow sawdust with LP Air it gets on the resting plate where it sits when un compressed.
Thin layers over time build up like filo dough to the point that the un compressed roller lays on a thicker layer that will not let the switch tang fall into the slot...

I loosened the bolts and blew it out...

Be VERY Cautious removing the keyboard side as it will HANG from the multi wire keyboard cable and has been known to RIP leaving you to buy another cable.

AL

kzushma
02-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the info and the photos.

Did you find it necessary to disassemble the machine to access this, or did you pull the switch in place?

I have heard of the switches going bad...

Here are some pictures.

When the roller is compressed with a board in the machine then you blow sawdust with LP Air it gets on the resting plate where it sits when un compressed.
Thin layers over time build up like filo dough to the point that the un compressed roller lays on a thicker layer that will not let the switch tang fall into the slot...

I loosened the bolts and blew it out...

Be VERY Cautious removing the keyboard side as it will HANG from the multi wire keyboard cable and has been known to RIP leaving you to buy another cable.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
02-01-2017, 03:08 PM
I did more dissassembly then was necessary. Once the side is off you can lift the roller and blow the dust from the resting plate. Just be careful with the keyboard wires.

AL

kzushma
02-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Thanks everyone for all the advice.
I only had to loosen those screws and blow the dust out and the switch started clicking again.
Glad it wasn't costly, or time consuming...this time.