PDA

View Full Version : Regular Polygons - Owner Free

bergerud
01-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Here are some regular polygons which were made in Designer 1.131. This was the last Designer version before copy protection was introduced for vectors. Since these vectors are not copy protected, you can use then to make your own patterns without getting the message that you do not own them. Once you save this file (or any of these vectors) in a version of Designer later than 1.131, you will own them!

You can add to them, delete parts of them, resize them, copy and paste them, or do whatever you wish.

blhutchens
01-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Thank You,
I wish I had more time to contribute the way you do.

normrichards
01-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Thanks as well, your contributions are greatly appreciated!

bergerud
01-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Thanks. I hope some people will find them useful. They are not that easy to create yet seem like they should be useful for many things like, drill patterns, clock faces, cribbage boards, ...

It is easy to line things up with the points in the polygons using the snap grid. For example, with the whole polygon selected, move it to put one of the points on the grid. Now create or move another object (say a drill hole) to the same snap grid spot. Now select the whole polygon and the drill hole and move it all to put another point on the grid. Repeat the process and you can have drill holes precisely placed at each point.

mmatsumura
05-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Should this need to be done with the latest version I have, 3.103, how is it done?