PDA

View Full Version : Annual Maintenance

DianMayfield
12-31-2016, 09:18 PM
OK, so we lead boring lives, lets get that out of the way early :) I have made it a habit to do maintenance, even it if doesn't meet the schedule, on New Years eve.

My head pressure is light, if I crank quickly as is my norm... 70-72 lbs.... probably two rotations a second.

If I crank slowly, I get 78lbs... one rotation per second.

When measuring, or cranking for a project for that matter, how quickly should you be turning the crank?

Just lubed corner posts with my normal Teflon dry lube, lead screws with Slick 50 multi purpose grease. What the heck is TFE? (rhetorical question.. already on google)

fwharris
12-31-2016, 10:02 PM
While you have the grease out put some behind the clutch plate in the crank. If you have rubber belts you can get away with readings in the low/mid 70s.

As for cranking techniques do several attempts and the same speed and pressure to get a feel for what it takes to get the pressure you want and try to do the same for each time you load a project.

DianMayfield
12-31-2016, 10:39 PM
It is only 60 deg in my shop (10 outside...brrrr!) But this is what it runs in my winter.

I will check the lube in the crank... I did the gear at the top of the keyboard side screw.