PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection Hood Pattern

Hank93
12-29-2016, 03:00 PM
Hello, I found through google where someone carved a dust collection hood for their machine and had stated the pattern was free on here somewhere. I cant seem to locate it. I just recently installed a DC in my wood shop and would love to find this pattern. Any and all help would be appreciated, I hope I am posting in the right area for this. I have not posted many times.

bergerud
12-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Maybe it was this one: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17634-Fletcher-s-DC-carve-it-yourself&p=148232#post148232

gwhiz
12-31-2016, 11:44 AM
Thats the one that I carved. Been using it for years--works great!

normrichards
01-02-2017, 06:02 PM
I also used this one for about a year until I purchased a used dust devil on flea bay. It worked well but you will notice the difference with a Dust Devil or Ring Neck Blues dust collector.

Rocketman
01-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Maybe it was this one: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17634-Fletcher-s-DC-carve-it-yourself&p=148232#post148232

I used that design as a starting point for my dust collector. I used some old plastic fittings from under a kitchen sink water trap as it fit on my shop vac hose. It gets most of the dust but I'd like to add a lip to the front someday to get the suction down a little closer to the work.

fwharris
01-04-2017, 10:58 AM
I used that design as a starting point for my dust collector. I used some old plastic fittings from under a kitchen sink water trap as it fit on my shop vac hose. It gets most of the dust but I'd like to add a lip to the front someday to get the suction down a little closer to the work.

I really like seeing other people designs for the dust collection attachments. Great concept of using plumbing fittings for the hose hook up.

This was my first attempt after finding out that a down draft system did not work very well.

DickB
01-04-2017, 12:53 PM
I really like seeing other people designs for the dust collection attachments.This was my second attempt at a top-mount collector and has been in use for a number of years now. The airflow path is much smoother than my first one, which I think makes a big difference. The bottom part, front sides, and upper lip are carved. A piece of aluminum sheet is screwed and taped in place to make a smooth bottom surface. The top is also sheet aluminum.

82897 82898 82899

fwharris
01-04-2017, 02:02 PM
This was my second attempt at a top-mount collector and has been in use for a number of years now. The airflow path is much smoother than my first one, which I think makes a big difference. The bottom part, front sides, and upper lip are carved. A piece of aluminum sheet is screwed and taped in place to make a smooth bottom surface. The top is also sheet aluminum.

82897 82898 82899

Nice design! Having the smooth transition for the bottom does help with the air flow.