PDA

View Full Version : need brush cap

cestout
12-09-2016, 09:06 PM
I just replaced the X trerm board in my C machine - again- and went to check the brushes. The top cap came out with a little struggle (and the brush needed replacing) but the bottom one was welded in place. I took the motor apart and end up carving the cap out with my dremel only slightly bollixing up the threads. I put the cap from the top in the bottom and put the motor back in the machine. Does LHR sell the caps? If not, does anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks
Clint

bergerud
12-09-2016, 10:16 PM
What about: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?21630-A-C-Motor-Carbon-Brush-Screw-Caps&p=187390#post187390

SteveNelson46
12-09-2016, 10:52 PM
I just replaced the X trerm board in my C machine - again- and went to check the brushes. The top cap came out with a little struggle (and the brush needed replacing) but the bottom one was welded in place. I took the motor apart and end up carving the cap out with my dremel only slightly bollixing up the threads. I put the cap from the top in the bottom and put the motor back in the machine. Does LHR sell the caps? If not, does anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks
Clint

Clint,

I bought 10 on ebay awhile back. PM me with your address and I'll send you a couple.