PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to mask an area that has centerline text with a carve region of zero?

cwestwood
12-08-2016, 11:03 AM
I am carving some centerline text and would like to block out a few small areas so that the v bit does not carve the centerline text in that area. Does anyone know if that is possible? Attached is my file. I am using centerline text to carve an A and a P (friends initials in the form of a sort of brand) right next to each other. Some of the curly part of the P makes it difficult to see the letters clearly and if I can mask off the two areas I have created (top two items on my list) it will clean it up quite a bit. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

fwharris
12-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Not that I can think of right away. You might try a different font style that does not have those funny ends in the letters or manually trace the letters. If you do the manual trace then you can control the depth of carve.

cwestwood
12-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Not that I can think of right away. You might try a different font style that does not have those funny ends in the letters or manually trace the letters. If you do the manual trace then you can control the depth of carve.

Thanks for the response. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something.

Yea I thought about tracing it and just do a regular carve, but was trying to avoid that. He wanted something other than block letters, and there arent many cursive fonts that the right side of the A was parallel to the upright on the P.

cestout
12-08-2016, 02:19 PM
You could do your lettering in pieces and place them to miss the areas your want to miss.
Clint