PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best fonts to use

oscarl48
12-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Finally used centerline text. I see where picking a good font would make a big difference. I used Lucinda Calligraphy and it came out okay. The thin areas are a bit shallow. Are there any good fonts that everyone uses for centerline that gives good results?

Still happy with the Lucinda font results but would like to see what is better without having to test carve every font that seems reasonable.

Thanks. I'm on a PC.

- Oscar

SteveNelson46
12-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I like Black_Chancery. Fancy and, for a free font, carves pretty good most of the time. You can find it and many other free fonts here:

http://www.dafont.com/black-chancery.font

oscarl48
12-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Steve, thanks. I'll give the font a try next centerline text project I have.

xchief807
12-06-2016, 07:36 AM
When you download the fonts how do you get them into the font collection in designer 3

DickB
12-06-2016, 07:45 AM
The thin areas are a bit shallow. Are there any good fonts that everyone uses for centerline that gives good results?
I think you answered your own question. Narrow lines in a font will of course be less deeply cut. Fonts with narrow lines should be avoided if the text size is small. Other than that I think you can get good results with a wide variety of fonts.

DianMayfield
12-06-2016, 07:50 AM
When you download the fonts how do you get them into the font collection in designer 3

Once you install a font, the next time you open designer the font will be available. You have to restart Designer, as it loads available fonts when it starts up. Not all fonts work, and you will see that you only get an Arial sort of font on the preview.

xchief807
12-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Ok thank you

oscarl48
12-06-2016, 05:46 PM
I think you answered your own question. Narrow lines in a font will of course be less deeply cut. Fonts with narrow lines should be avoided if the text size is small. Other than that I think you can get good results with a wide variety of fonts.

Yup. Realized that but was looking for personal favorites. I have many hundreds of fonts. A while ago I bought one of those fonts packages and wanted to see what others were using so I wouldn't have to experiment on several hundred fonts if someone else had already done the heavy labor and figured it out. Thanks all.