PDA

View Full Version : Purchase pattern question?

jaustin
11-29-2016, 11:16 AM
looking to possibly purchase carvebuddy oaktree pattern.
Trying to do a view of the carve to show a friend.
My question is would i be able to add the heart and make it a recessed heart into the tree after purchasing the pattern?

gwhiz
11-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Yes you can.

jaustin
11-29-2016, 01:42 PM
how would i be able to do the heart, i played around with it for a couple hrs and couldn't figure it out.

fwharris
11-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Try "invert"...

gwhiz
11-29-2016, 01:58 PM
how would i be able to do the heart, i played around with it for a couple hrs and couldn't figure it out.

I couldn't do it with a carve region based on a path either. So I imported a black heart clipart as a pattern and dropped the pattern on top of the tree. As you can see in the screen capture, I made the heart Subtractive. You can then play with the height setting to get the amount of depth that you want.

jaustin
11-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Thanks got it to work. On the text did you use center line?
If sohow did you get to carve blow surface?

gwhiz
11-30-2016, 08:48 AM
It is Centerline text. Just click "Conform" to sync it to the surface below.

mtylerfl
11-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Thanks got it to work. On the text did you use center line?
If sohow did you get to carve blow surface?

Hi John,

Here is more info on the Conforming Vector software add-on:

http://www.carvewright.com/add-on-modules/conform/

jaustin
11-30-2016, 11:55 AM
It is Centerline text. Just click "Conform" to sync it to the surface below.

Thanks,
Look like I will have to buy conforming vectors software.

jaustin
11-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Hi John,

Here is more info on the Conforming Vector software add-on:

http://www.carvewright.com/add-on-modules/conform/

Thanks,
Looks like I am going to have to come up with $300 this weekend. To upgrade software and add conforming vectors.

Guess I am going have to make my machine finally start paying for it self instead gathering saw dust..

John

DianMayfield
11-30-2016, 12:10 PM
The Thanksgiving sale is still on... you can get Centerline and Conforming for about $135 today :) (not sure how long the sale lasts)

jaustin
11-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Search conform vectors and came across a video.
Found a old video the AsBud done and explained how to use the conform vectors.For centerline text. Never new what conform did up the the size windows.
He is still helping.

fwharris
11-30-2016, 02:14 PM
Found a old video the AsBud done and explained how to use the conform vectors.For centerline text. Never new what conform did up the the size windows.
He is still helping.

Bud passed away a couple of years ago. All of is videos are still active though and are referenced from the CarveWright site..

Here is a link to a lot of the CarveWright software tutorials just in case you did not know..

http://support.carvewright.com/project-designer-tutorials/

lynnfrwd
11-30-2016, 02:22 PM
He is still helping.

He IS still helping!
You are correct.

gwhiz
11-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Thanks,
Look like I will have to buy conforming vectors software.

I'm sorry John--I've had conforming vectors so long that I forgot that it was an add-on!