PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!

giano
03-23-2007, 08:43 PM
I am on my second machine. First one was returned due to cut motor failure after owning for 3 weeks. Just got my new one, ran two projects and now i have 3 problems.
1. Check board for problems. (There is no problem with the wood. It is brand new red oak, very straight and clean.
2. Measuring is off. I get the right measurment through the measure board function, but when i start the project it is measuring wrong.
3. It is carving something other than my project.
Some please help me. I have lost almost $1000.00 in jobs and Hundreds in wood.
If you have a suggestion, email me at giano@msn.com
Thanks.
Joe

cycollins
03-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm a little unclear on your "problems".

1. What kind of responses are you getting from the machine?
2. How are your sensors responding (using the sensor checks)?
3. I don't understand what you mean by carving something other than your project. Are you simply saying that it isn't turning out the way you expected, or are you getting results that seem like they're coming from a completely different project.

You can get pretty far on the forum by simply talking about the actual feedback your machine is giving you. Usually someone can knock of one or two of your symptoms with just that much information.

DCC

giano
03-23-2007, 09:15 PM
The machine says "Check board for problems". I checked the sensors and everything checks out fine. I'm not sure what it carved on the piece, it is not even close to what it should have been. It was very eratic, almost doing what it wanted to.

Digitalwoodshop
03-23-2007, 10:29 PM
How do you clean up chips? Do you kill your machine with a shop vac?

AL

Jeff_Birt
03-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I would only add two suggestions. Can you post pictures of what the problem is and or/the mpc file? And, if all else fails call CW.

giano
03-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Here are the attachments of what happened and what it should have been. You'll notice on the pic that it cut thru the lower edge. It is not measuring correct on the length so the center os off. What is going on!! I'm seriously concidering taking the machine back and doing it the old school way.
Help.....:?:

Help.....:?:

Mike
03-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Have you flashed your card ? What version of firmware are you running? When you stop the machine does it give you any other error code?

Jeff_Birt
03-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Also list what buttons you are pushing when you start the job. Sounds like you may be telling it to stay and roller but not scale.

giano
03-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I did format the card. I was running 1.120 and I solved some of the problems going back to 1.115. I didn't tell it to stay under the rollers. When it measured the board at 6.823 long instead of 11.5 I hit scale to size just to see what would happen and if the other problems were fixed. And thats where I am at.
What do you know about the roller on the left side between the sand paper. Is that the measuring tool?

pkunk
03-24-2007, 03:56 PM
I did format the card. I was running 1.120 and I solved some of the problems going back to 1.115. I didn't tell it to stay under the rollers. When it measured the board at 6.823 long instead of 11.5 I hit scale to size just to see what would happen and if the other problems were fixed. And thats where I am at.
What do you know about the roller on the left side between the sand paper. Is that the measuring tool?
The brass roller is what measures the length of the board. It should also have an O-ring floating on it's shaft & it has a rubber spring under it. It should push down with fair resistance. If a board has a slight crown & looses contact with that roller, board error occurs.

Mike
03-24-2007, 06:31 PM
pkunk is right that was most likely one of my problems at one time. If your board is new and straight you should not be having that problem. Also is your wood stained or dark? I have had problems with it not seeing the board.