PDA

View Full Version : cut path depth issue

jmwtr6
11-12-2016, 10:32 AM
I have imported a dxf file. I want to cut out the patterns in .125 board with 1/16 inch cutter. I define board thickness to .133 in designer to make sure it goes through. I have tried .125 etc and it does not go through. I select cut path tool, 1/16 cutter, zero tabs, 1/16 tab height (seems redundant with no tabs), do not check max depth per cut. It still does not cut through board. I originally had a max cut depth per pass of .063 as I was worried about breaking the bit. When I uncheck max depth per pass, resaved etc and it still had tabs and did not cut through the board. It seemed to retain some of the previous data. So the basic question is when does the software recalculate based on changing the settings in the cut path tool? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

fwharris
11-12-2016, 10:47 AM
A couple of things that could be the cause are the board thickness "Z" calibration is off or when the machine is doing the start up routine of "finding surface" the bit is touching the side rails of your sled and you material is below the surface of your side rails.

I always set my board thickness as the same as the board I will be using for the project if I am doing cut outs. The software should recalculate any setting as soon as it is changed. I would suggest deleting the file and the card and then reload it.

jmwtr6
11-12-2016, 11:46 AM
thanks, I will redo the card and uploads. finding surface touches the workpiece ok.