PDA

View Full Version : CyCollins bit pictures

RC Woodworks
03-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Here ya go cy I couldn't get it any better, but hopefully you can see the fine point. The flash is high on the 3rd one, sorry :(

Ok what happen no pics? Hooray it worked!

cycollins
05-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Great-looking bit. That's the 22 degree bit? But it doesn't look like it could remove any material. Maybe I just can see the flutes or blades on the side, but the 1/16" carving bit has an abrassive surface all down its sides. The bit in the picture appears...well...bald. I can see how it would "scribe" a surface, but I can't see how it would dig its way down to the level of detail it was trying to expose. Maybe I'm just missing something.

cycollins

Gman_Ind
05-07-2007, 02:36 PM
If its bald you would get a wood burner effect, clever.

I tried the a Dremel bit and have very fine detail with it and a little burning in the maple,it highlights the lettering. I use mine just to carve my name and email on the back of projects so far.

RC Woodworks
05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Great-looking bit. That's the 22 degree bit? But it doesn't look like it could remove any material. Maybe I just can see the flutes or blades on the side, but the 1/16" carving bit has an abrassive surface all down its sides. The bit in the picture appears...well...bald. I can see how it would "scribe" a surface, but I can't see how it would dig its way down to the level of detail it was trying to expose. Maybe I'm just missing something.

cycollins
cy, you are correct this bit is not a fine as the 1/16 CW bit. But don't sell the bit short! It has not problem carving into the wood! The thing is you get a wider cut path with it.

It is a v-groove bit and the tip is 22 degrees, you wouldn't want to use it for deep fine cuts. But I have it for another choice. I hand carve my signs also and I like the way I can set it about 3/16" and carve detailed cuts.

I will try to take a better photo to show the tip.

Rick