PDA

View Full Version : mini grandfather project

oscarl48
11-04-2016, 05:41 PM
The thread question from bjorn got me thinking of making a mini-grandfather clock project for myself. I thought I would share my concept design. This will not be my final pattern and I have no plans to carve it but gave me ideas on how to proceed. The idea is that the pattern can be enlarged or shrunk so the mini clock insert can be fitted in the circle portion of the clock.

oscarl48
11-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Did a pattern that I really liked but the wife rejected so will not be carving. Hopefully it can be of use to someone. Again I have not carved it so use your professional judgement.

This project is an 8 to 12 inch tall clock.

normrichards
11-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Did a pattern that I really liked but the wife rejected so will not be carving. Hopefully it can be of use to someone. Again I have not carved it so use your professional judgement.

This project is an 8 to 12 inch tall clock.

Looks like it would b a great project!

Mugsowner
11-07-2016, 05:25 AM
Very nice Oscar, as always, you are very good at patterns and getting better all the time.

oscarl48
11-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Thanks! :)

The wife picked an over the top design with angels holding up pillars and scroll work all over the place. That is going to take me a few hours to build. I'll post pictures when I ever get to it and carve it. I still have to order the little clock insert.