PDA

View Full Version : Back up and running

Mugsowner
10-28-2016, 07:13 PM
I had a z axis error that was getting the best of me. After reading here I started to look for the cause. First I checked the cut motor hours, seeing 199 hours I thought maybe brushes. Upon removing the caps I found one with a broken spring. I am glad I checked knowing that a broken spring can do a lot of motor damage quick. This however did not fix my issue, so I than thought FFC cable. It does a lot of moving ad could have unseen damage. Nope, looks great in there, but not the fix I needed. Took the back of the Z motor to check the encoder. No dust at all, reached down and turned the encoder disc, it took a bit to get it to move, but it did. I think it was Al that talked about super glue, so I gave it a try. Back up and running now. Works as it should. Seeing what I saw in my brushes I am going to start watching them closer at 150 hours then 200 and so on. Do not want to fry a motor for a set of brushes.

Digitalwoodshop
10-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Good job... Most of us are on a 250 hour brush replacement and also the Y gearbox bearings too, the 2 685ZZ Bearings.

AL