PDA

View Full Version : How to create file for carving + lots of ptn's

gtj44
03-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I received my Sears CC two days ago and just playing with designer. (To cold in Buffalo to work in the garage yet.) I have been able to import clip art and images through conversions using Photo Impact and Corel draw. How do you get a nice smooth 3-d effect. In Designer, they look like some areas will carve pits when they should be elevations? I saw a parrot on a sign someone did and it was 3-D proportionally correct.

Also, I found a web site with a huge amount of PTN clip art files free. Some are black and white, others are full color images, but I believe there are lots of useful images that can be used for our carvings. This is the web address
www.wpclipart.com.

My machine came with designer 1.113 and wonder about the 1.120 upgrade I read in another thread. Not having run the machine yet, I hate to get in a pickle by upgrading. any thoughts on the upgrade. Thanks.

pkunk
03-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I received my Sears CC two days ago and just playing with designer. (To cold in Buffalo to work in the garage yet.) I have been able to import clip art and images through conversions using Photo Impact and Corel draw. How do you get a nice smooth 3-d effect. In Designer, they look like some areas will carve pits when they should be elevations? I saw a parrot on a sign someone did and it was 3-D proportionally correct.

Also, I found a web site with a huge amount of PTN clip art files free. Some are black and white, others are full color images, but I believe there are lots of useful images that can be used for our carvings. This is the web address
www.wpclipart.com (http://www.wpclipart.com).

The files are PNG, not PTN, & the parrot you speak of was 1 I scanned & offered here.

Nancy D
03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi all, I downloaded (finally) the sample software, I can put a picture in it, I do machine embroidery so I have a lot of designs that will work, I click on the "do it" button and then I try to save and it goes somewhere...also after I hit save it dissappears and I don't have anything on the wood square to try anything else. It that all the sample software will do? Usually I can work computer programs. I digitize my own embroidery designs, but this is throwing me for a loop. I'm sorry to be so long winded, but I'm new and I'm trying to find out more (taking suggestions) before I jump in and purchase it. Thanks for your patience.

CallNeg151
03-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi all, I downloaded (finally) the sample software, I can put a picture in it, I do machine embroidery so I have a lot of designs that will work, I click on the "do it" button and then I try to save and it goes somewhere...also after I hit save it dissappears and I don't have anything on the wood square to try anything else. It that all the sample software will do? Usually I can work computer programs. I digitize my own embroidery designs, but this is throwing me for a loop. I'm sorry to be so long winded, but I'm new and I'm trying to find out more (taking suggestions) before I jump in and purchase it. Thanks for your patience.

The sample version of the software IS the full version of the software. It just has a limited time it will work before you must register it with your machine's serial number. Everything you see people creating here is made with the same version of the software.

Is the "Do it" button from the Mac version of the software? A number of folks on this board are Mac people, and might be able to help if that is the case. To best get some feedback, help us help you by providing the following information-

1. Whether you are using the Mac or PC version
2. What you are attempting to do.
3. Step-by-Step what you did.
4. What you ended up with instead.
Attaching screenshots also wouldn't hurt.

tonyd919
03-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Glad to see someone from Buffalo,NY on here,as I am also from buffalo. I sent my machine in two weeks ago for repairs,waiting for it's return. We should get together soon to show you what I have done so far.

pamjmayo
03-23-2007, 01:40 AM
The upgrade is easy to upload and it eliminates some of the unsolvable error messages you'll get in the original software that I received.

Nancy D
03-23-2007, 06:05 AM
o.k. thanks for the response here are the answers.
I'm using windows xp, I'm just trying to do a sample of what the software will do. I just can't push any other buttons other than "next" and then if I try a save it is gone. It seems to do it's thing. (carve) but then I cannot make adjustments to the project.

gtj44
03-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Tonyd919 I'm over in Williamsville. gtj44@adelphia.net. I think I got problems already and haven't carved anything yet. I tried to measure a board. It does the width and left side ok, but then trolleys the board left to read the right edge and keeps on truckin', then I get a roller stuck error. if I hit continue it just moves the board out the left. I tried to carve some text 2"h x 4" long, centered in the middle and it does the same thing. I've read the manual and numerous threads on the board sensor and will try their advice. I get 145 reading on the board and 0 with board removed. I only get 11 from my hand, supposed to get 50.
Pkunk - I knew they were png's, just had a brain fart and was thinking about ptn's. Thanks for keeping an eye on us newbies. I still would like to know how your parrot looks so good. Did you create it or buy it from Vector 3D?

pkunk
03-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Pkunk - I knew they were png's, just had a brain fart and was thinking about ptn's. Thanks for keeping an eye on us newbies. I still would like to know how your parrot looks so good. Did you create it or buy it from Vector 3D?
It was a scan of a fridge magnet.