PDA

View Full Version : X Drive problem

dehrlich
10-06-2016, 12:45 PM
So I managed to break the X drive on my CS machine. I am wondering, will the X drive parts from my A series parts machine work in my CS machine? Not sure what the problem is yet, broken gears at least. Shop way too busy to work on it right now, hope my backup A machine still works so I can keep rolling.

In case anyone is wondering... a loose knot from the board I was running a cut path on wedged it's self between the belt and bottom of the machine. It still ran ok for a short time with a popping sound and slight stutter in the movement. Then it went off path and wasn't moving right, that's when i stopped it.

Thanks for any assistance.

fwharris
10-06-2016, 01:23 PM
The X drive gears are the same for all machines. Some of the earlier A series machines had the X gears as one assembly and they later on went with a 2 part system, stage1 and stage 2.

henry1
10-06-2016, 02:40 PM
So I managed to break the X drive on my CS machine. I am wondering, will the X drive parts from my A series parts machine work in my CS machine? Not sure what the problem is yet, broken gears at least. Shop way too busy to work on it right now, hope my backup A machine still works so I can keep rolling.

In case anyone is wondering... a loose knot from the board I was running a cut path on wedged it's self between the belt and bottom of the machine. It still ran ok for a short time with a popping sound and slight stutter in the movement. Then it went off path and wasn't moving right, that's when i stopped it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Oh oh I think yours gears some tooth missing

dehrlich
10-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys... when I get time I will have to tear into it and see if I can fix it. I'm sure not an easy job. Right now I'm in the middle of making 50 large boxes for an order... once that's done then we'll see.

Digitalwoodshop
10-06-2016, 06:38 PM
I have been lucky. I have not broken one in a few years.. But in my early years... To make the job even quicker... I cut away some of the machine frame on my "A" Machines to let me remove the gear easily. Not sure what the "C" looks like, but I thought it was heavier duty.... Could not find a picture of the cut out area....

Remember to find the broken teeth as if left stuck to another gear it will jam and snap a new gear. Be ready to clean the dust out... And find some way to seal the plastic cap to prevent dust from getting inside when your done.

AL