PDA

View Full Version : pattern help please

judgejrt
10-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I would like to place rectangle carve area around patterns . When I add the carve area the flower disappears. I would like to keep the banner in front of flower if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lynnfrwd
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
I would like to place rectangle carve area around patterns . When I add the carve area the flower disappears. I would like to keep the banner in front of flower if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is all about playing with the heights and depths of the objects on your project board.

lynnfrwd
10-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Not sure what is going on...I put the banner and hibiscus in a group and then it worked. Changed merge to normal. I also changed the depth of all elements to .125.

judgejrt
10-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks sent you a pm

CarverJerry
10-08-2016, 11:52 AM
My sister asked me to make her a sign for her sewing room. Not being a good designer I'm stuck. I've searched thru all my files and I can't find any of the items she wants on her sign besides the V-text. Any help would sure be of great help.
This picture is what she has in mind. I know that the needle and thread is going to be really hard to carve since it will not be of good height, suggestions welcomed.

Thanks guys

oscarl48
10-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Jerry,

I can help out with the needle and thread. Should carve fine but add small to medium draft. If I have time tonight I'll make some scissors.

Oscar

oscarl48
10-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Jerry,

I cheated. I made a quick model of the scissor blades and then used filagrees from the Designer basic patterns to fill in the handle portion. A lot quicker than trying to model from scratch. Enclosed the fancy handle scissors but also uploaded the basic scissor blades if you want to play with different filagrees to get a different set of handles more to your liking.

-O

CarverJerry
10-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Thanks Oscar, I'll keep those while I'm still looking for a sewing machine pattern, I've looked all over, even the Media Fire site with no luck. Nothing in the pattern depot either, I have thousands of patterns but no darn sewing machine. Any suggestions on how to convert a good image into a pattern for this project would be a lot of help, I've never done it before but sure willing to try. With one foot in the grave I just wish I would have learned this stuff when the CW first came out....lol

oscarl48
10-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Jerry,

I didn't mention it but I have been working on a sewing machine for the pattern store but...I kind of forgot to submit it. lol. PM me your email again please and I'll send you the pattern.

There are some cool things you can do with the sign.

- O

SharonB
10-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Very nice patterns Oscar. I'm sure Jerry can make something quite nice for his sister from those. Jerry, post what you come up with.

mtylerfl
10-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Very nice, Oscar!

oscarl48
10-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys.

Just to finish out the design, enclosed is a thread spool.

DonCP
10-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Great Model.

CarverJerry
10-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Well I finally got to do a test carve on these files Oscar. I want to thank you very much for all these patterns, they came out beautiful and worked out well. My sister loved it, now I'm going to do the final carve using the best feed rate and I will fill the letters with colored epoxy. Again thank you Oscar. This is my test carve in a piece of pine. I'll post the finished project when I get it finished.

oscarl48
10-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Jerry, you are welcome. That does look really good (composition-wise). Can't wait to see the final version.

- O

normrichards
10-29-2016, 01:30 AM
Looks like it will be a great sign, interested in seeing the epoxy lettering.

SharonB
10-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Yes, please share the plaque when you have it finished. I know you will have one happy sister.

CarverJerry
11-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Well I said that I would post a picture of the final project that I was making for my sister and her sewing studio. Carved this in a piece of mahogany that my brother in law picked up in Charm Ohio. He is going to put the finish on it as he wants it to match his scroll saw sign for his little shop. The only thing I should have done a little different is not raised the spool of thread so high. It sorta made it flat and washed out the lines, but other than that it's perfect. Special thanks to Oscar for the patterns and anyone else who helped me get this done.

gwhiz
11-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Awesome job guys! Nice carve Jerry and nice patters Oscar!

normrichards
12-01-2016, 01:24 AM
That came out Great!

dbemus
12-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Very attractive sign! Great composition, space filled nicely! Your sister will be delighted!

CarverJerry
12-01-2016, 07:03 PM
I got a call from my sister, her sign arrived today. She really loves it. Her husband is going to put a stain and finish on it so when she sends me a picture I'll post it. I was happy with how it turned out, was the first time I ever carved on the highest setting which is the slowest feed rate. Turned out great and kept me from all that sanding. Guess it was a lesson learned.

oscarl48
12-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Jerry, It was all your design so extra nice on the piece.