PDA

View Full Version : Replaced shredded Y belt and still getting Y axis stall E05-0314

kiltedgunn
10-02-2016, 01:45 PM
I'm about to tear into the Y motor and look for the stuff Al keeps posting pictures of, but I'm not sure what could have shredded about 6 inches of the Y belt, any ideas?

After I tore it all apart, cleaned it out and replaced the belt and put it all back together, the truck moves V-e-r-y S-l-o-w-l-y and then errors out.

Gonna go check bearings and stuff now, but thought I'd throw this out there to see what comes back.

Thx, Lee
aka KiltedGunn

fwharris
10-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Also make sure the clamp on the Y belt is tight and clamped on to the belt. It can be a pain to get it attached properly and if not the tension of the truck moving with cause the belt to slip.

kiltedgunn
10-02-2016, 03:12 PM
And when I got the head cover off again, it took two hands to get the truck to move along the Y axis. Of course, once I got the motor out of the way it moves smoothly but...

Hmm, not seeing any wear and tear on the Y motor pulleys...

kiltedgunn
10-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Yeah, thanks...it took me several tries to get that danged clamp back on, but it's tight.

Digitalwoodshop
10-02-2016, 03:52 PM
With the power on sometimes the SERVOS as in the Y Motor Electrically LOCK so your pushing can be very difficult. Power off wait then try again to move when the voltage has drained.

If the Y Motor is not placed in the center of the U shaped machine frame, it can rub on the U frame and make moving difficult.... and if the Y Bearings are shot it will lean more... and if the shaft is worn... Lean even more...

Look for a frozen Y roller bearing that will SLIDE along the rails rather than roll... Mark with a marker to see movement.

As for the shredding belt... Just worn out... fibers snap and it gets worst over time... I have replaced 1 belt since 2007...

Good Luck,

AL

kiltedgunn
10-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Y roller bearings? That's on the truck, correct? Guess I'll check those next, thanks.

Smoken D
10-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Just replaced my Y belt a few weeks ago. Just wore out and shredded. While I had it appart I replaced those bearings, did all the regular maintenance greasing up stuff and was going again.

kiltedgunn
10-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Well Hell, the Y roller bearings appeared to be moving just fine, so I put it all back together Again, then ran the Y Axis test five times. Earlier, I had run it seven times, with the first numbers being 12ish, and got Y Axis stalls on tries 4 & 5. This time it ran all five, moving smoothly, with first numbers 111-177 and second number 256 consistent. In case anyone has a clue what those mean! ;-\

So, everything looks good, lets give it a whirl...start a carving and when the truck heads to the touch plate it moves really sluggishly and then Y Axis stall E05-0314 again right before or at the touch plate. I'm done for the day <<<throwing my hands up in disgust!

Digitalwoodshop
10-02-2016, 09:20 PM
The stall next to the bit plate can be the head running into the cover wires for the Cut Motor Safety Switch. The wires need to be tucked back into the corner.

I would order a new Y Motor with gearbox. I am still thinking it is a Y Internal gearbox bearing problem... And I have had motors go bad... So that too...

Sorry this is frustrating you... The positive side... when you get it to work you will have used your troubleshooting skills to improve your knowledge.

I keep a tooth brush size brass brush near my machine and from time to time Scrub the bottom Y Rail as sawdust and pitch build up on the shaft.

AL