PDA

View Full Version : Photo Help for Cremation Urn

racer
09-27-2016, 10:12 PM
My best friend has passed away after 279 days in ICU . Can some one please help with this photo have worked on it for some time in Pattern Editor and cant get it to carve very good. Im trying to help his wife make a cremation Urn. She trying to do as much on this as she can any help would be great. Thanks for any help. John a Start U Member

bergerud
09-27-2016, 10:41 PM
Here is my attempt.

racer
09-27-2016, 11:23 PM
thanks will try Friday on the ucb new style we love them.. Racer

SteveNelson46
09-27-2016, 11:35 PM
My best friend has passed away after 279 days in ICU . Can some one please help with this photo have worked on it for some time in Pattern Editor and cant get it to carve very good. Im trying to help his wife make a cremation Urn. She trying to do as much on this as she can any help would be great. Thanks for any help. John a Start U Member

The reason you can't get it to carve very good is that it is a very low resolution photo (72 dpi) probably intended for/ taken from the internet. To do anything at all you really need a high resolution photo. Native 300 dpi or better (not one converted from a low resolution photo). I tried a few different tricks in Photoshop but no cigar.

racer
09-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Thanks for trying it was scanned will try and get a better photo. Racer

bergerud
09-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Except for lithos, almost all photos are very poor for carving. I think I would carve a "frame" in the side of the urn for a real picture.

normrichards
09-28-2016, 10:15 AM
I saw someone else make an urn with a litho built in to it and it was really nice. The recipient was keeping the urn at home so it was plugged in for display. If the urn is to be buried or placed in a cemetery it may not make sense. I saw it on his facebook a long time ago. I think the person is not on the forum.

lynnfrwd
09-28-2016, 02:55 PM
I did a board thickness of .25" standard for lithos.

I imported the image, changed the depth to .12".

SteveNelson46
09-28-2016, 05:14 PM
I did a board thickness of .25" standard for lithos.

I don't think he wants a litho. He didn't mention it in his original post.

lynnfrwd
09-28-2016, 05:16 PM
I don't think he wants a litho. He didn't mention it in his original post.

OK, but even when carving into wood, you want a very small distance between white and black. Use your stain in a wipe on wipe off technique.

racer
09-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Thanks to all for your help. I Did a 5x7 Litho of same photo first it came out great. will try to do the Photo in front great suggestion.scaned
his guns for 1 side top is finished just need front she is coming Sat, to work on it. Thanks so much for all the help that's what's so great about this form. When we get it finished will post photo.. John