PDA

View Full Version : y axis stall e05-0303

sw123man
09-15-2016, 06:49 PM
I;ve received this error a couple of times,each time there is a clicking sound right before it stops, any ideas on whats happening?

fwharris
09-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Tell what process the machine was doing when you got the error.

myshop1044
09-15-2016, 07:51 PM
You might have teeth missing on your " y" belt, I have had that myself. Slide the truck left to right and look for missing teeth around the gear box or on the other end. You may also feel the truck jump or jerk.

bergerud
09-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Or, your Y belt may just be loose. It can slip during the bit plate thwack and then stall when the truck hits the keypad side.

sw123man
09-15-2016, 10:19 PM
it is starting the carve then after a couple of passes it brings up the error

bergerud
09-15-2016, 10:46 PM
Does the pattern shift in the y when it stalls? It It may still be a loose y belt. It could also be that the bearings have gone on the y motor gear (seems to happen around 250 - 300 hours).

Digitalwoodshop
09-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Does the pattern shift in the y when it stalls? It It may still be a loose y belt. It could also be that the bearings have gone on the y motor gear (seems to happen around 250 - 300 hours).

Bergerud is correct...

Clicking is the classic sign that the bearings are SHOT and the shaft of the big plastic gear is worn like the picture and it lets the big plastic gear lean away from the servo motor splines... hence click click...

At one time they sold the gear and shaft but I expect you will need a new Y Gearbox...

AL

sw123man
09-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the info-it helps alot

behanner
12-24-2016, 08:01 PM
I'll just add on to this one as this is the error I am having.
While I am looking at all of these things and the only thing I am seeing that doesn't look right is the Y-Belt Tensioner Assembly teethed wheel looks like the inside guide on the wheel has broken loose but it doesn't appear to affect the movement of the belt.
Now the peculiar thing is that it keeps throwing the error at almost exactly the same point.
What happens is about a quarter inch into my carving it makes its return to y=0 then starts going back, after about 5 inches (of 7) it seems to stop moving y but keeps carving and moving z. It looks like it thinks it finishes that line then starts moving back and y starts going again. Since it only covered 5 of about 7 inches when it gets to y=0 it throws the error. Any ideas?

fwharris
12-24-2016, 08:35 PM
I'll just add on to this one as this is the error I am having.
While I am looking at all of these things and the only thing I am seeing that doesn't look right is the Y-Belt Tensioner Assembly teethed wheel looks like the inside guide on the wheel has broken loose but it doesn't appear to affect the movement of the belt.
Now the peculiar thing is that it keeps throwing the error at almost exactly the same point.
What happens is about a quarter inch into my carving it makes its return to y=0 then starts going back, after about 5 inches (of 7) it seems to stop moving y but keeps carving and moving z. It looks like it thinks it finishes that line then starts moving back and y starts going again. Since it only covered 5 of about 7 inches when it gets to y=0 it throws the error. Any ideas?

I had the white gear on the Y belt break like yours did. I does effect the Y positioning by causing it to loose track. The Y motor moves to where it is suppose to be but the belt is slipping/free spinning on the gear. Time to get a new gear.

gekepko
03-05-2017, 11:10 AM
I had the stalled y axis message twice this weekend. The problem was something entirely different from what I've read on this thread. While removing the flexshaft, I found that one of the screws holding the flexshaft pivot assembly to the z truck was missing and the other was loose. I always thought I checked everything - now I will check EVERYTHING. I tightened the loose screw and replaced the missing screw and everything seems to be fine.