PDA

View Full Version : CarveWright and Rockler

fwharris
09-02-2016, 08:28 PM
This could be a great opportunity for the STARTU member to get associated with your local Rockler store and see if they might need/want any help with their in store demos.

I asked Joe what kind of training had been done with Rockler and he stated that "They have been provided with very little training. We are supplying them with some basic instruction on running demos, and they are creating some of their own training material, but users are encouraged to go introduce yourselves and help out in any way you wish."

I am still waiting for a reply I sent to my local store manager and if I do not here anything by early next week I will probably just give them a call.

You can find the store contacts at http://www.rockler.com/retail/stores

Keep us posted on what you find out.

myshop1044
09-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Yes this could be a good out let for start u members, I have no stores near me, other than Houston, maybe some day!

racer
09-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Went to the new Michigan store today and talked the Store manager he does not have a machine yet but hopes to Tuesday or Wednesday will give me a call to help setup and next week for the demo show. John

Alan Malmstrom
09-03-2016, 04:41 PM
I'm familiar with the people at my local Rockler store. I've written an email saying that I will try to make it to the demo this coming Saturday just to see what's going on. Perhaps they can use me as a source for custom pattern making. I just got a job doing pre-press stuff at a package printing company that's in the process of expanding, so I don't know how much time I'll have to create patterns. But I'll definitely do a few here and there.

fwharris
09-03-2016, 06:13 PM
It is good to hear some have already made some contact with their local stores. My store is about 60 miles away so I am relying on email contact for setting up helping out for the demo. Another opportunity that might be out there is their class room training sessions they do every weekend for other wood working skill building. With this being their introduction of the machine for their customers and employees it might also be an avenue to being an in store instructor. If you already have your own local CW user base who might want/need training that could be a good draw for both you and the store.

cestout
09-04-2016, 07:00 PM
I was cam here to ask about this - thanks for the address Floyd. There is a store in Ontario, a few miles from the place I get my wood in Fontana, about 40 miles. I will try to contact them.
Clint

lynnfrwd
09-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Here is a listing of Rockler stores and their locations. The Rockler personnel have been given minimum training, but provided with demonstration documentation and materials. You might reach out to your Rockler store and let them know you are a CarveWright customer. They may or may not ask for your assistance, but this does sound like a great opportunity for START U members to offer training to new owners.

Name

Rockler #02
Seattle
Washington

Rockler #03
Denver
Colorado

Rockler #04
Cambridge
Massachusetts

Rockler #06
San Diego
California

Rockler #07
West Allis
Wisconsin

Rockler #08
Novi
Michigan

Rockler #10
Schaumburg
Illinois

Rockler #11
Williamsville
New York

Rockler #12
Burnsville
Minnesota

Rockler #13
Maplewood
Minnesota

Rockler #14
Minnetonka
Minnesota

Rockler #15
Tukwila
Washington

Rockler #16
Cincinnati
Ohio

Rockler #17
Beaverton
Oregon

Rockler #18
Phoenix
Arizona

Rockler #19
St Louis
Missouri

Rockler #20
Orange
California

Rockler #21
Indianapolis
Indiana

Rockler #22
Pasadena
California

Rockler #23

Torrance

California

Rockler #25
Concord
California

Rockler #26
Ontario
California

Rockler #27
Arlington
Texas

Rockler #28
Richardson
Texas

Rockler #29
Sandy Springs
Georgia

Rockler #30
Houston
Texas

Rockler #31
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania

Rockler #33
South Portland
Maine

Rockler #34
Salem
New Hampshire

Rockler #36
Altamonte Springs
Florida

Rockler #37
Rocklin
California

Rockler #38
Frisco
Texas

Rockler #39
Bolingbrook
Illinois

Rockler #40
Garland
Texas

xchief807
09-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Nothing in New Jersey wish they would open a store here

Mike1
09-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Connie, What about Canada? Thank you.
Mike

lynnfrwd
09-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Connie, What about Canada? Thank you.
Mike

Rockler does not have any stores in Canada.

fwharris
09-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Well after the drive down to the store I find out they had to reschedule the demonstration do to not having all of the materials and equipment the needed. I did get to meet Taylor Hudson who will be learning the CarveWright system and doing the demos. I will update when I get the new date.

I am not certain but I think this involved some of the other stores as well.

Alan Malmstrom
09-10-2016, 08:03 PM
My Rockler was canceled too, but they had the machine and the guy learned how to run it so we did a demo. There were three people there. They'll do the next one too. Just being there to fill in the gaps was good. I helped out by showing how easy the software is to use and stuff. The manager gave me a $25 gift card.

Alan

fwharris
09-10-2016, 09:20 PM
There were three at my store as well. Two of them were prior machine sales for me from the Woodworking shows, and one guy said he has yet to get the machine out of the box. He said he also has one of the small Piranha machines as well and has not used it either. He is suppose to contact me for some double machine training.

The in store trainer also offered to get me a gift card. I thanked him and told him to hold that thought for when I come back for the real demo. I did take a few carving samples with me and left a couple with him for the display.

racer
09-10-2016, 09:28 PM
The Show was canceled in Michigan to try 10-8-2016 going to take them samples and help.

fwharris
10-08-2016, 11:27 PM
The Denver store did their demo today. I helped out by meeting/greeting and answering questions. There were more CarveWright owners there than non owners so I did get a chance to meet some that I have not met before.

One gentleman has had his cw for about 4 years and it is still in the box plus he also has one of the small Piranha machines and has not used it either. So need I say more for a training opportunity with a double dip.

That in store trainer did say he has been handing out my business cards to those who were interested in the machine, but no contact as of yet. I also got a chance to see their wood shop / class room training area and planted the seeds for doing some group training.

They will be doing more demo dates like this one as well with the next one in early December.