PDA

View Full Version : SEPTEMBER 2016 Project of the Month - Happy Fall Y'all!"

mtylerfl
09-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Hello,

The Happy Fall Y’all project will cheerfully greet your guests coming to your home during the fall season!

The design was inspired by a fabric quilt. This wooden version features a prominent carved-relief pumpkin nested in Maple leaves that you can paint in beautiful fall colors or simply stain. This informal autumn greeting plaque can be displayed on your front door, porch post, foyer or anywhere else you like!

The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The finished dimensions are about: 9" W x 11" T x 1.25" D

Main items you will need:
1) The Project Files (included):
• Autumn_Greeting_Plaque.mpc
• Pumpkin_Onlay.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
Plaque: 0.75" x 11" x 20"
Pumpkin: 0.75" x 5.5" x 12"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig. Larger boards are fine.

3) Wood glue, sandpaper, wood stain and/or paint and clear finish

4) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply the finish of your choice. Here’s what I used on the plaque sample made from Select Pine:

• Two coats of thinned Bulls Eye SealCoat (50/50 sealer and denatured alcohol)

• Sanded again to remove stiffened fuzzies

• Apply two more coats of thinned Bulls Eye SealCoat if planning to paint - skip if staining only

• Painted select portions of the plaque with craft paints and paint pens

• 2 coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic spray to seal the paint

• Applied thinned brown craft paint overall as a glaze (brush on, then wipe off immediately)

• Several coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic spray

dbemus
09-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Great project Michael!! Looking forward to making several for myself and friends! Thanks for your creative work!!

oscarl48
09-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Michael, great looking pattern and you really show off your painting skills. Nicely done.

- O

rcdages
09-02-2016, 03:59 PM
A number one project I say my friend.

I really really like it.

Great project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtylerfl
09-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Thank you everyone! I got it all done and files emailed to CW just in time! We lost power just after that and it's still off. At a friend's house right now and "stealing" internet access and charging up some stuff while we go out to dinner somewhere!

oscarl48
09-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Completely forgot about the weather down there. Hope all is good.

mtylerfl
09-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Completely forgot about the weather down there. Hope all is good.

Thank you - all is well now. Power came back on while we were at the restaurant. Got home and saw lights on in the neighborhood!

No damage here. Just some small branch and leaves debris in the yard. Rain and wind was not any worse than a heavy thunderstorm. We are very thankful.

SharonB
09-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Really like this months POM. Stay safe.

cestout
09-04-2016, 07:25 PM
I think my wife would like this one. She is a season decorator.
Clint

mtylerfl
09-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Really like this months POM. Stay safe.

Thank you, Sharon.

I think my wife would like this one. She is a season decorator.
Clint

That's great, Clint! My wife is a season decorator, too!

cestout
09-05-2016, 04:53 PM
I couldn't find it in the pattern store. My wife says my daughter (other house on the property - looks like a barn converted to a hose because it is) will want on also and a Quilt and Craft Show and Fair coming up in Oct.
Clint

mtylerfl
09-05-2016, 06:58 PM
I couldn't find it in the pattern store. My wife says my daughter (other house on the property - looks like a barn converted to a hose because it is) will want on also and a Quilt and Craft Show and Fair coming up in Oct.
Clint

Hi Clint,

Thank you very much for letting me know. I just did a search in Projects and couldn't find it either. I am so sorry. I was hoping it would be posted in the store in time for the long weekend. I'll send a message to CarveWright to alert them.

I did recently discover another POM project that was not posted in the store. A customer saw a photo of my Farm Girl Clock project on the CarveBuddy FaceBook page and wanted to purchase one, but could not locate it. We found out it wasn't put in the store due to an accidental oversight and was posted just as soon as I let them know. I'm sure they'll do the same with this one too.

Thanks again for the heads up. It is greatly appreciated.

lynnfrwd
09-06-2016, 10:04 AM
I did recently discover another POM project that was not posted in the store. A customer saw a photo of my Farm Girl Clock project on the CarveBuddy FaceBook page and wanted to purchase one, but could not locate it. We found out it wasn't put in the store due to an accidental oversight and was posted just as soon as I let them know. I'm sure they'll do the same with this one too.

Thanks again for the heads up. It is greatly appreciated.

Are you talking about the "Country Farm" Clock? It is on the Depot.

lynnfrwd
09-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Project of the Month and new patterns uploaded today. We will get the POM out asap.

mtylerfl
09-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Hi Connie,

Yes, the Country Farm Clock is on the Depot now. It was put up recently after we discovered it hadn't been posted.

All is good now. Thank you very much!

farmer
09-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Looks like it will be a great project !

BobC33
09-08-2016, 06:26 PM
This is the 8th Where is the September POM??????? What is the hold-up......when this subscription first started it was said to be delivered on the 1st of the month and after a few years it has gotten later and later. Just the the country is going!!!!!!!!

lynnfrwd
09-09-2016, 09:44 AM
This is the 8th Where is the September POM??????? What is the hold-up......when this subscription first started it was said to be delivered on the 1st of the month and after a few years it has gotten later and later. Just the the country is going!!!!!!!!

I thought it went out on the 6th, but checking with the person doing them now, he never hit send. Going out this morning. So, so, sorry for the delay. Thanks for the heads up.

Connie