PDA

View Full Version : Setting up different bit in a project

universal-sasquatch
08-22-2016, 07:14 AM
I know there is a way to do this, I think I have seen it before, but I can't find it.
I have a project that has a pattern on the front of the board and recessed rectangles on the back to be used as mortises. I need the 1/16 for the pattern but wanted to use the 3/16 for the pockets so the would have a straight edge and would carve faster. I set the rectangles as carved regions 1/4 deep from the tool bar.
I cannot set a bit for these separately the way I am doing it and have to set the bit for both under board settings. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
08-22-2016, 09:39 AM
The selected carving bit is universal for the whole carving part of your project. To get around this, just set your project up as two separate projects.

universal-sasquatch
08-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Fore head smack, I'm trying to over engineer a problem again.

fwharris
08-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Connie's method works great if you want to do your project as carve regions. That other method you might be trying to find is a "pocket cut". Here is a link to the tips n tricks for pocket cuts... http://support.carvewright.com/810-2/

universal-sasquatch
08-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Thanks Floyd, I thought I'd seen something on this. I'll give it a watch. It may be quicker to do it as two .
Martin