PDA

View Full Version : muitiple drill tool process challenge ver 3.0

myshop1044
08-21-2016, 01:15 PM
attached is project with a sq. 1.875 with a 1.625 circle centered evenly spaced using "copy offset"
the sq. is for spacing of the circle. I wish to do a drill tool in each circle using the center of each circle.
When I try to do the drill tool with circle highlighted the drill will not lock on the center. I had to do it manually. top left corner.
does anybody know of another way so it will match with no errors and auto all at once.
I have a 1/8" grid with no lock on.
scratch your heads and see what you may come with.
Thanks
Perry B.

bergerud
08-21-2016, 02:30 PM
I deleted my last post!! Copy offset works! (Senior moment.)

myshop1044
08-21-2016, 02:42 PM
If you did a 7 x 7 copy offset, why are the extra holes on the bottom and right side.
I did a copy offset but 7 x 6 ?

bergerud
08-21-2016, 02:49 PM
I guess it should have been 6 by 5. I guess the original one is not counted. (I did not notice!)

myshop1044
08-21-2016, 03:16 PM
something I noticed, if you find the first circle from the bottom of the list and the first drill from of the list, both being the same area, top left hand corner,
the dem. both top and left side do not equal each other. even they appear to be in the same grid using a 1/16 grid setup.

bergerud
08-21-2016, 03:17 PM
It seems that when you use copy offset with a drill, it does not display what you will get in the dialog box as it would if you use a pattern. It also does not give a default spacing as it would with a pattern. That made me initially think it was not going to work. Also, I guess that is why I did not notice the numbers were wrong!

bergerud
08-21-2016, 03:24 PM
something I noticed, if you find the first circle from the bottom of the list and the first drill from of the list, both being the same area, top left hand corner,
the dem. both top and left side do not equal each other. even they appear to be in the same grid using a 1/16 grid setup.

I do not see what you see. Could it be perspective? I just copy offseted your original drill. It may not have been exactly centered in the circle. I think I would have put the drill on the snap grid first and the copy offset it.