PDA

View Full Version : Need some project help!!!

Bigtyme
08-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Sure could use some help with this project. I have a customer who wants this project for a anniversary present. It is somewhat of a combination of Steve Nelson's heart project and the number of years they have been married. It is 2" thick. I knew this was going to be challenging, but thought my CW was up to the task. It is a 22 hour carve on optimal and I started it early this morning. It didn't carve about 5 minutes before the deep bit became wedged and the collar just about came off. Obviously, this isn't going to work. Can someone see the error in my designer ways or is this just a no go?? Also, can the bit be re-pressed in the right position or am I "SOL" with that as well. I guess the good news is, I won't be up all night :) ... Looks like I am not able to upload the mpc (3.5MB)...and zipping it doesn't seem to help. If anyone wants to take a shot and showing me the error in my ways, PM me and I will email it... Thanks in advance...

bergerud
08-21-2016, 11:41 AM
It looks to me like you may be expecting too much from the deep bit with the straight side cuts. Serious plunging that the machine cannot handle. Maybe draft and/or feather can ease the plunge stress.

As for the CT press on adapter, you can reposition it with heat. Heat the adapter for few seconds with a propane torch and the adapter will slide on the bit.

Some adapters fit tighter than others. I would not be surprised if you have one that is not so tight. It should not have slipped at all. If you have another bit, I would use that one for the next try.

Edit: See http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...273#post217273 (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?24600-CT-Adapters-Move-Easily-with-Heat&p=217273#post217273)

Bigtyme
08-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Thank you, Dan. I think you are right. Didn't think about the draft issue until afterward. I will try to re-heat and press but will need to order a new one as a spare. Thanks for the note...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveNelson46
08-21-2016, 12:03 PM
John,

I sent you a PM