PDA

View Full Version : Not using my carvewright

PAULS
08-16-2016, 05:04 PM
I bought my CarveWright in August 2008. I haven't been using it. I've got a nice wood shop that no longer needs the use of a carving machine. I tried to use it about 6 months ago. The screen was all small squares. I could not read the screen. I contacted CarveWright. There is a piece (can't remember the name) I've got to buy. It cost $300. I'd rather not do that.

I'd be glad to send this machine to someone. The buyer would pay all shipping and give me $100.00 to get everything together.

PAULS

Mikewiz
08-16-2016, 05:47 PM
where are you located?

Digitalwoodshop
08-16-2016, 06:56 PM
Before you sell it... Black Spots or squares on the LCD is normally because you turned it on without a card installed in the machine... I would hate to see you under value the machine just because you didn't know that bit of knowledge we all learned the hard way too. Then adjust the contrast.

Then go into Options and look at the Cut Hours and post that. Less cut hours more value. And what Serial Number Version... A, or B... the starting of the serial number.

SO a $300.00 controller would not be necessary.... Bet it works just fine with the card installed.... the card has the machine operating system on it.... so no card it is sort of brain dead...

Good Luck,

AL

RogerB
08-16-2016, 07:57 PM
Sent you a PM.

cestout
08-16-2016, 09:20 PM
If the screen was small squares you probably didn't have a card plugged in. It needs a card in to do anything.
Clint

cestout
08-16-2016, 09:27 PM
I have a full woodworking shop and consider myself a woodworker ( as do my family, friends and every one in Nuevo - and actually many across the country who have my stuff) and my 2 CarveWrights are an essential part of my craft. It is not gimmick but a powerful tool. Integrate it into your shop.
Clint

sw123man
08-17-2016, 03:32 AM
I think the card not being in is the problem,but if you still want to get rid of it my neice would love it at that price- she's always bugging me to use mine

lynnfrwd
08-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Things to check:
1. card is inserted
2. contrast dial at bottom of keypad has been turned both directions to see if that is it
3. still have squares...controller is likely fried.

davidbf
12-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Has it been sold