PDA

View Full Version : Collage football time again

myshop1044
08-09-2016, 03:44 PM
I have completed my selection of local collage clocks for fall craft shows coming up.
I have some new shows and people haven't seen these in a couple of years.
I have to order some more inserts and batteries, I have already sold 1 today.
If we have a good football season, they will sell.

dbemus
08-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Very attractive. They should be a great selling item! What is the material?

myshop1044
08-11-2016, 04:38 PM
I picked this material up in Plano Tx., it was listed as whole sale "Corian " it was not. They used it to cover walls of bathrooms etc. the 3/8" is not available any more. I picked up some 1/4" , 3 different colors. I am wanting to get rid
of some odd size pieces. Mailing would be very expensive, so if there is any one near me or willing to drive, I would make them a good deal. Drop me a pm.

Mike1
08-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Good job, very clean. Would you mind sharing the painting procedure/materials? Do you cover the corian with anything before you carve or paint, or does it just wipe off? Thank you.
Mike

myshop1044
08-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Material has a thin film on it to protect it from scratching, the carving is just text, so the painting is the easy part.
just fill the "V" groves with paint, you can paint outside the lines. You then buff off the excess paint using a 220 grit
paper. This polishes off the top and sides. I do put a clear coat just for looks.
The longest carving time was 11 mins.
I made 10 in all, then painted them, let them dry in a couple of hours, total time was 4 hours start to finish.