PDA

View Full Version : Beer Flight Tray

SteveNelson46
08-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Well, I finally finished 5 of the 10 that was ordered. Murphy finally succumbed but only after I had to replace a Z-axis motor assembly, a cut motor, an FFC cable, and a controller.

Also during this time I was on my way home after spending $2500.00 on maintenance on my 4 runner and a lady hit me from behind at about 30 mph (I was stopped). Her airbag deployed but she wasn't hurt. The next day I had a right front tire blowout on my pickup on the freeway in 110 degree weather. Then the house vacuum cleaner stopped working and a stray female cat had a liter of 7 kittens on my back porch.

SharonB
08-04-2016, 12:00 AM
Steve... sounds like it's time to sit out on the porch, watch the sunset/sunrise and use one of those trays (filled) yourself.

Gary Koval
08-04-2016, 05:21 AM
Steve,
Beautiful job, as always... Don't let Murphy get you down, he'll give up eventually, hopefully sooner than later!
Gary

Bigtyme
08-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Murphy sucks, Steve, but the beer tray looks great!! I agree with Sharon. Sit on a porch and try the tray out....several times :)

Canemaker
08-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Wow, great project... time to relax for sure... they say that it Murphy comes in three, but i counted four, CW, 4-Runner, Flat and kittens. Sit back and enjoy what life has to offer. again great project you give us all inspiration.

ktjwilliams
08-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Go hide in a bomb shelter ... :-P

SteveNelson46
08-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great reviews.

Hopefully, the worst is behind me. I think what caused the problem with the machine was the ground wire. I used a regular wall outlet plug with just one wire on the ground terminal. The terminal in the plug worked its way loose and touched the hot terminal. I saw the arc when it happened but it didn't trip the breaker. After all of the repairs and replacements it seems to be working good now.

The lady that hit me had good insurance and repairs are currently under way. They also supplied me with a rental car.

A new set of tires cost me $400.00 though. It's a beat up old 1990 Nisson PU and we don't drive it more than 200 miles a year. Garbage dump, pickup wood, etc. but it sure comes in handy when it's needed.

Man-o-man are those kittens cute!

Sliverfoot
08-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Beautiful work Steve.
And I agree with Sharon, a cold one on the porch.