PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Sculptor and Yosemite OS

blhutchens
08-03-2016, 06:00 AM
Is there something I have missed. I am not able to access pattern sculptor from designer. I can access and use it after the PITA registration process, just can't access it form designer.
I am used to work arounds or not being able to use certain features on a mac, just curious if this is the case here.

RMarkey
08-04-2016, 01:59 PM
when you "right click" a pattern from your favorites, do you see "Open in Pattern Sculptor"?

after editing in sculptor, in the "export" tab, you should see "send to designer"

bergerud
08-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Should he also see "Launch Pattern Sculptor..." under the File Menu?

blhutchens
08-04-2016, 07:24 PM
when you "right click" a pattern from your favorites, do you see "Open in Pattern Sculptor"?

after editing in sculptor, in the "export" tab, you should see "send to designer"

Not seeing that in the drop down. No export tab in sculptor

blhutchens
08-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Should he also see "Launch Pattern Sculptor..." under the File Menu?

I see it but can't click it

bergerud
08-04-2016, 08:33 PM
I see it but can't click it

Well that is interesting. Without Sculptor, the entry is not in the menu. With Sculptor, it appears in the menu. You seem to be at some point in between.

I wonder if there are any other Mac users out there with the same problem.

blhutchens
08-05-2016, 04:46 AM
Well that is interesting. Without Sculptor, the entry is not in the menu. With Sculptor, it appears in the menu. You seem to be at some point in between.

I wonder if there are any other Mac users out there with the same problem.

Exactly why I asked. I had issue with 3.0xx and the yosimite and there don't seem to be enough Mac users to warrnant a fix. I am ok with having to work around, it is just misleading when the tutorial shows clicking back and forth between designer, editor and sculptor.

As I said, I may have missed something. I have been very busy and working long hours so may have been somewhat foggy on the whole registration.
The software works as a stand alone, just not integrating with designer and editor.

RMarkey
08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Did more research, for Sculptor on Mac, it has to be installed in the root of the Applications directory. It cannot be on the desktop or elsewhere.

blhutchens
08-05-2016, 01:29 PM
YOU are the man!!!! Thank You!!! Much easier than what I was doing to get there.