PDA

View Full Version : control panel side lead screw

mijoda52
07-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys. Hope everybody is well and feeling good. I have a lead screw question. I was getting tracking errors and inaccurate length measurements on my boards. I discovered a loose jam nut on the control panel side of the machine. WOW, that is a tough problem to solve, no room for wrenches. I got the nut tightened as much as I could and it seems to have solved my problem but the lead screw still has room to move just a little bit and I am really not satisfied with the fix. How do you get the jam nut tight enough to prevent all movement ? Thanks for any suggestions.

fwharris
07-23-2016, 04:56 PM
From my understanding it should not be totally tight. My information is from several years back when I was helping a guy with head issues. Your best be would be to give the guys at CarveWright a call on Monday to verify..

bergerud
07-23-2016, 06:10 PM
I believe that nut needs to float. Unlike the other side which is located by the base and the nut, the threaded lead screw on the keypad side is located by the base and the gear drive at the top. If the nut in the middle did not float, the screw could be under side stress.