PDA

View Full Version : Laugh If You Want To - But It Worked For Me...

cajunpen
03-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Like several of you, I've had minor problems since updating to 1.120. Yesterday I connected my card to the computer to load up a few projects. While in Designer I selected File>Flash Manger. There was an option to upgrade the Firmware (don't recall the actual wording) but I opted to refresh the Firmware. Low and behold, I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE ISSUE SINCE!!!!

Now I doubt that this will solve most of the hardware related issue some of you are having - but it certainly can't hurt to try. I was talking with Chris, at CW Tech support (yes, I actually spoke to Tech Support today) and related my "reflash" story to him. He said that sometimes when downloading/uploading files you will get one of those mysterious computer glitches that will cause the upgrade to "fall short". Normally you get an error message - but like Chris said - not always. Anyway, it certainly won't hurt anything, only takes a minute - and may solve some problems. Thought I'd pass it on.

rjp736
03-20-2007, 11:08 PM
I have a question for those that have replaced the sensor behind the Z truck. When they told me to pull the ribbon from the slot the little brown connector that holds the ribbon into the slot came off with it and I noticed that one of the tabs is broke. When you get the new sensor does that little connector come with it? I'd hate to get the new sensor and have to call back and have them send me the connector. Any help?