PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns

blhutchens
07-14-2016, 07:02 AM
I am constantly getting requests for longhorn cattle drive scenes on my mantels/shelves. I can not find quality patterns for any. There is one in the store of one being roped and that is it.
I would gladly pay for QUALITY patterns of individual steers, cows, and bulls to be placed into various scenes.
It would also be nice to have backgrounds for different parts of Texas (Hill country...cedar trees varieties or cactus, north central...mesquite trees!!!, etc...) I just don't have time or skills at the moment to build them myself.
I do a market once a month and these are constant requests in my area.

RogerB
07-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Cnc mini projects has a nice collection.

sent you a PM

Alan Malmstrom
07-14-2016, 01:23 PM
I do a lot of custom making of patterns for people. They send me images and I give estimates. If you run things over and over it may be worth it. But I ask to retail the license and then put it up on pattern depot to try and get commission on it.

cestout
07-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Can't find "cnc mini products". Who and where are they?
Clint

SteveNelson46
07-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Can't find "cnc mini products". Who and where are they?
Clint

I think their offical name is "Design and Make"

http://designandmake.com/

blhutchens
07-14-2016, 02:11 PM
http://designandmake.com

I have purchased many of their patterns and I am quite happy with the results. I just need more to cater to my clients.

blhutchens
07-14-2016, 02:15 PM
I do a lot of custom making of patterns for people. They send me images and I give estimates. If you run things over and over it may be worth it. But I ask to retail the license and then put it up on pattern depot to try and get commission on it.

let me get this straight. You build the models and charge me a price then sell the models to whoever wants to buy.
I would be looking for exclusive license or to buy them at the cost you would sell to everyone else

blhutchens
07-14-2016, 03:32 PM
here are a few i have found. I would rather have individual models than compositions. It gives me control over depth and uniqueness for multiple carves so everyone does not get the exact same mantel .

bjbethke
07-14-2016, 05:08 PM
here are a few i have found. I would rather have individual models than compositions. It gives me control over depth and uniqueness for multiple carves so everyone does not get the exact same mantel .
It would be hard to make Patterns from images like those you posted. I have some Longhorn patterns. I offer my patterns on CD and DVD's. Will these type work for you? - send me a "PM" with your e-mail I can send you some samples.

I like to start with Line Drawings. BJB

Alan Malmstrom
07-14-2016, 07:40 PM
let me get this straight. You build the models and charge me a price then sell the models to whoever wants to buy.
I would be looking for exclusive license or to buy them at the cost you would sell to everyone else
I do like the images. And I see what you mean about other people buying them. I do put stuff I on the depot at a lower cost than what I create them at. I have always said that I would charge 1/3 more for a pattern that I don't keep license for. Not many people do that though. But these patterns are nice and would probably sell on the depot.

So I'll make the one with the three wranglers chasing the bull and put it up on the depot. And you can look at it to see if it is good enough to buy. Now I have a pattern that I'm working on tonight and then another one that I have in the works after that. So I might be able to have this up in a week. I'll come back and give a link when it's accepted for the depot.

Alan

blhutchens
07-14-2016, 08:57 PM
It would be hard to make Patterns from images like those you posted. I have some Longhorn patterns. I offer my patterns on CD and DVD's. Will these type work for you? - send me a "PM" with your e-mail I can send you some samples.

I like to start with Line Drawings. BJB

So, you see my delima. I have had trouble finding even good photos of what I am looking for.

Alan Malmstrom
08-02-2016, 02:01 PM
I put up the Bull and Cowboy as individual items. And 3 different versions of the whole composition.

http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=25598&cat=&page=15

oscarl48
08-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Alan, very nice pieces.

Alan Malmstrom
08-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Thanks Oscar

I've been doing patterns for a while now and have learned when to give things more height and little tweaks of detail here and there etc. Which takes more concentration and time.
Alan, very nice pieces.

blhutchens
08-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Great pattern! I am looking forward to purchasing and carving it. Thank You!

blhutchens
08-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Here is one i just spent about an hour on. Its very crude but can be tweaked to get what I am after.

blhutchens
08-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Here is a layup of a scene integrating homemade and purchased patterns to achieve my goal.

oscarl48
08-05-2016, 06:21 PM
great composition. nice job on the original patterns!

blhutchens
08-06-2016, 05:34 AM
Thanks Oscar, as i said they are crude....... I am sure i will go back and tweak them as I advance. I didn't think they were too bad for my first attempt at building them from scratch.

oscarl48
08-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Brent, for a first attempt or a 10th attempt I think they came out pretty good. You have a good idea of setting the different depths and shapes for the pattern. Can't wait to see all the great patterns you start whipping up. Pattern making can be addicting.

blhutchens
08-06-2016, 12:10 PM
I know what you mean, I made 3 yesterday and working on more. I just want to get to the quality of what I can buy or better. I know blender and other software will get me there I just don't have time right now to learn it.

blhutchens
08-30-2016, 06:36 AM
Here is a finished product. I only do one in a series of one.
The next one will be a little different. I sold this one before it was built.
About 7hr carve on normal.

mikemi
08-30-2016, 07:17 PM
Very nice.

Mike

oscarl48
08-30-2016, 07:54 PM
That came out great! I am sure your buyer is very happy.

universal-sasquatch
08-30-2016, 08:54 PM
That's really cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SharonB
08-30-2016, 11:27 PM
A beautiful art piece Brent.

blhutchens
08-31-2016, 05:25 AM
Thank You, for all your kind words. The customer was very pleased and hung a longhorn painting above it.
I really didn't think the prototype would sell....she saw it and had to have it before it was even built.